Memory Assessment Center
Our multidisciplinary team provides a comprehensive evaluation to identify possible causes of a memory problem. This process includes:
Step 1 : Memory Class (no cost)
- This is a 90 minute class that explains what to expect during the initial evaluation and provides education about memory loss and treatments. This class will prepare for step 2.
- Who should attend: Family members/individuals involved in patient’s care.
Step 2 : Individual Evaluation Appointment (cost depending on Health Plan)
- This is a 105 minute evaluation appointment with a Provider and Social Worker.
- The purpose of this appointment is to provide a full assessment and discuss a plan of care.
- Who should attend: The patient and a family member/individual involved in patient’s care.
Step 3 : Ongoing Consultation and Support (Cost depending on Health Plan)
- The Memory Assessment Center is available for ongoing consultation, as questions or problems arise. In most cases, we can address behavioral and medication issues by telephone or email, saving the patient/family a trip to the doctor’s office.
- Patients are re-evaluated as clinically necessary.
- Memory Evaluation
- Behavior Management
- Psychosocial evaluations and case management
- Caregiver support
- Treatment and care planning
- Regular medication management
- Life Care Planning
Talk to your Primary Care Provider to get a referral today!
Union City Medical Offices
3553 Whipple Road
Building B, 2nd Floor, Medicine Station 1
Union City, CA 94587
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed for lunch
12:30 to 1:30 p.m.