Discover Kaiser Permanente in:
How Care & Coverage Makes Your Health Better
Why care & coverage together matters
When your doctors, health plan, pharmacy, and hospitals are connected, health care works better for you, becoming more affordable and hassle-free. Your average health plans can’t do that.
Our doctors work with you to make your care decisions, not an insurance company. So they can focus on the best care and health outcomes for you. They’re also supported by some of the nation’s most sophisticated health technology.
- Hundreds of our physicians make “Top Doctors” lists1
- More of our members rate their doctor a 9 or a 10 than any other health plan in the area2
Health care that fits your life
Life can be complicated — your health care doesn’t have to be. Our health system is designed with your convenience in mind. Care where and when you need it. Faster and earlier. That saves money, time, health — and lives.
- 35+ medical centers close to work and home
- Doctors, pharmacy, lab, imaging — all under one roof
- 14 Urgent Care centers; in 2022, 7 open 24/7, with pharmacy and lab
The future of health care — today
The future of health care revolves around you. Our integrated health system allows for a more proactive and personalized approach to your health. And our suite of digital tools puts you in control of how you get your care. This translates to a better care experience — and a healthier you. All of our plans offer:
- Your personal electronic medical record that keeps your care team connected in real time
- Video chats with a doctor via computer or mobile device3
- The KP app to get labs, order prescriptions, and more — wherever you are
Healthier & happier members
Helping people lead healthy lives is second nature here at Kaiser Permanente. But it’s always great to have recognition for our accomplishments, too.
Top-rated private health plan
Our commercial health plan is rated 5 out of 5 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, making us the highest rated commercial plan in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.4
- Top-rated private health plan
- Top-rated Medicare plan
- Top-rated Medicaid plan
- Our doctors earn top accolades
- 5 stars for Medicare
- The physicians who practice at Kaiser Permanente are recognized as Top Doctors in Northern Virginia Magazine (2021), Washingtonian magazine (2021), and Baltimore magazine (2021).
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS). Rating of Personal Doctor, CAHPS Health Plan Survey, 5.0H, 2013, Adult Questionnaire, (Commercial).
- If you travel out of state, phone appointments and video visits may not be available due to state laws that may prevent doctors and health care providers from providing care across state lines. Laws differ by state.
- NCQA Commercial Health Plan Ratings 2021. This award was not given by Medicare.
- NCQA Medicare Health Plan Ratings 2021. This award was not given by Medicare.
- NCQA Medicaid Health Plan Ratings 2021.
- Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.