Discover Kaiser Permanente in:
How Care & Coverage Makes Your Health Better
Why care & coverage together matters
When your doctors, health plan, pharmacy, and hospitals are connected, health care works better for you, becoming more affordable and hassle-free. Your average health plans can’t do that.
Our doctors work with you to make your care decisions, not an insurance company. So they can focus on the best care and health outcomes for you. They’re also supported by some of the nation’s most sophisticated health technology.
- Hundreds of our physicians make “Top Doctors” lists1
- More of our members rate their doctor a 9 or a 10 than any other health plan in the area2
Health care that fits your life
Life can be complicated — your health care doesn’t have to be. Our health system is designed with your convenience in mind. Care where and when you need it. Faster and earlier. That saves money, time, health — and lives.
- 30 medical centers close to work and home
- Doctors, pharmacy, lab, imaging — all under one roof
- 13 Urgent Care centers, 6 open 24/7, with pharmacy and lab
The future of health care — today
The future of health care revolves around you. Our integrated health system allows for a more proactive and personalized approach to your health. And our suite of digital tools puts you in control of how you get your care. This translates to a better care experience — and a healthier you. All of our plans offer:
- Your personal electronic medical record that keeps your care team connected in real time
- Video chats with a doctor via computer or mobile device3
- The KP app to get labs, order prescriptions, and more — wherever you are
Healthier & happier members
Helping people lead healthy lives is second nature here at Kaiser Permanente. But it’s always great to have recognition for our accomplishments, too.
Highest rated private and Medicare plans
Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States is the only Private plan available through employer-sponsored health coverage in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia – and 1 of only 13 Private health plans available nationwide – to earn a 5 out of 5 rating. Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States also has the highest rated Medicare plan in the Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.4
- Highest rated private and Medicare plans
- Our doctors earn top accolades
- 5 Stars for Medicare
- Highest rated for coordinated care
- Kaiser Permanente doctors recognized as “Top Doctors” in 2014, 2015, and 2016 editions of Washingtonian Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, Bethesda Magazine, Baltimore Magazine, and Washington Consumers’ CHECKBOOK Magazine.
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS). Rating of Personal Doctor, CAHPS Health Plan Survey, 5.0H, 2013, Adult Questionnaire, (Commercial).
- For certain medical conditions.
- National Committee for Quality Assurance “NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015–2016.” “NCQA’s Medicare Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015–2016.”
- See footnote 1.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Health Plan Management System, Plan Ratings 2013–2017. Kaiser Permanente contract #H2150. Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
- See footnote 2.