Notary services for Advance Health Care Directives
In Life Care Planning, you will choose someone to represent your health care wishes if there’s a time in the future when you can’t speak, and you will also decide what you want that person to say.
Notary services can be scheduled by appointment by calling one of the Healthy Living Centers listed below, our hours of operation are from 9:00 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
|Fremont||San Leandro||Union City|
|(510) 248-3455||(510) 454-4531||(510) 675-4531|
Advance Health Care Directive
The advance Health Care Directive is a legal document that lets you do the following:
- Designate a health care agent – a person who can voice your health care choices in the event you cannot communicate. This is also known as “durable power of attorney for health care” or “medical durable power of attorney.”
- Provide instructions about your medical care in situations in which you are unable to make your own decisions.
- Express your values, hopes, and priorities.
It is important to revisit your life care plan from time to time, and to have an on-going dialogue with loved ones about your priorities. In order to make your Life Care Plan legal, there are two options: sign your AHCD with two witnesses or sign your AHCD in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public will complete the appropriate page with his or her signature and official seal.
How do you complete you Advance Health Care Directive?
Here are the steps to help you to submit your Advance Health Care Directive:
- Visit our Life Care Planning site to learn more about choosing someone to represent your wishes.
- Download and complete California’s AHCD form. You can download and print this form to fill out with a pen or save it to your computer and type into it. To save the form from a browser window, choose File, then Save As, and then rename the file.
NOTE: If you don’t rename the file, it WILL NOT save the information you enter.
Advance Health Care Directive for California – English (pdf)
Advance Health Care Directive for California – Spanish (pdf)
Advance Health Care Directive for California – Chinese (pdf)
Follow the instructions in the form to complete it for submission.
- Once you have completed the form, contact one of our Healthy Living Centers to make an appointment with one of our notaries.
Fremont Healthy Living Center: 510-454-4531
San Leandro Healthy Living Center: 510-248-3455
Union City Healthy Living Center: 510-675-4531