West Los Angeles offers care and coverage, together, to help make life easier.
Combining cutting-edge technology with a focus on prevention, Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles puts you and your health at the heart of everything we do to help you get healthy, stay healthy, and thrive.New members - get startedMaking an appointment
Events in West Los Angeles
West Los Angeles in The News
Kaiser Permanente has participated in Taste of Soul, dubbed as Los Angeles’ largest street festival, for 7 years. However, this is the first year we will be offering flu shots for all Kaiser Permanente members ages 2 and up (pregnant women included). Four nurses will stand by with 600 vaccines to give out to those with a valid Kaiser Permanente member card in hand. Also, more than 30 volunteers from all over Kaiser Permanente Southern California will provide health education literature, giveaways, and chair massages to breast cancer survivors in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. When: Saturday, October 17, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Flu shots from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) Where: Crenshaw Blvd. between Rodeo Rd. and Stocker St. The flu is serious and spreads easily. It’s important to get your flu shot as soon as possible to protect yourself and those around you. The first step is knowing all the facts:
- The flu is serious and can cause major health complications, even death. Why risk it?
- The flu shot is your best protection. The CDC highly recommends annual vaccinations.
- The flu shot doesn’t give you the flu. If you show symptoms, it probably means you were infected before the vaccine took effect (which can take 2 weeks or longer).
- Get a flu shot every year. Flu viruses change from year to year.
- By protecting yourself, you protect others since it can spread so easily.
- The flu shot is covered at no cost to Kaiser Permanente members.
- Colds are caused by other viruses and the flu shot cannot protect you from it. Wash your hands often.
Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Partners with Local Law Enforcement to Take Back Unwanted Prescriptions Drugs
Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles recently welcomed four eager and ambitious interns from Project Search, a program that provides employment and education opportunities to individuals with significant disabilities. The interns will gain exposure to various roles and departments throughout the medical center, including the Mailroom, Engineering Services, and Employee Health, among other areas. This opportunity is designed to give Project Search interns the skills needed to become competitive and marketable in the workforce. The Project Search interns will work at KP West LA throughout the remainder of the school year.
Prevention & wellness
Prevention is about staying healthy, and preventing or delaying disease. Wellness is living your best life. Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles is here to help you stay healthy and live your best life. There are many things you can do to take an active role in your prevention plan to stay healthy and thrive through all stages of life.