West Los Angeles offers care and coverage, together, to help make life easier.
Combining cutting-edge technology with a focus on prevention, Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles puts you and your health at the heart of everything we do to help you get healthy, stay healthy, and thrive.
West Los Angeles in The News
Join us at 10:30 a.m. sharp as we celebrate The Global Big Latch On, a synchronized breastfeeding event happening around the world! Bring your baby (babies) and join a movement around the world to strengthen national and global support for breastfeeding and to improve the health of children and women around the world. For more information visit biglatchon.org.
This event is held during World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7) and is an opportunity for mothers, friends, family and the community to promote and support breastfeeding.
There will be raffles for prizes, giveaways, and information and resources the community offers to support breastfeeding.
*Please note this event will be photographed.
What: Global Big Latch On
When: August 2, 2019 from 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. (please arrive by 9:30 a.m. to participate in the 10:30 a.m. Global Big Latch)
Where: Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Hills-Crenshaw Conference Center
For more details, check out The Global Big Latch On Flyer (2019)
Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles has entered into a 2-year partnership with AARP to use their Family Caregiver Instructional Video Series and Resources. The resources on the www.aarp.org/nolongeralone are available to our providers and members alike, and will be available on our intranet and WLA microsite.
The Resources include 2-5 minute Instructional Videos and related Resource Guides to help promote Wellness for a member in the home setting as well as help smooth the transition from Hospital to Home. Topics include:
- Helping Someone to the Toilet
- How to Talk with Someone about Incontinence*
- Managing Incontinence: Difficulty Getting Out of Bed*
- Managing Incontinence: How Family Caregivers Can Help
- Managing Incontinence at Home*
- Seeking Support: Managing a Family Member’s Incontinence
- Selecting Incontinence Products*
- Beyond Pills: Eye Drops, Patches & Suppositories
- Dealing with Dementia-Related Resistance
- Discharge Planning from Hospital to Home
- Giving Insulin Injections
- Hospital Discharge Planning
- Organizing and Administering Pills
- Basics of Care to Wheelchair Transitions
- Getting from a Car to a Wheelchair*
- Moving from a Walker to Shower or Bed*
- Preparing your Home for Safe Mobility*
- Transferring from Assistive Device to Shower or Bed
- Using a Walker or Cane and Navigating Stairs
- What to Do When Someone Falls*
- G-Tube Feeling Guidelines
- Helping to Feed Persons with Dementia
- Managing Low Appetite
- Modifying Food Textures
- Nutrition Basics
- Reducing Sodium
- Caring for and Maintaining Ostomy Bags
- Caring for Lower Extremity Wounds and Cellulitis
- Diabetic Foot Care: Treatment and Prevention*
- General Principles of Wound Care*
- Pressure Ulcers: Prevention and Skin Care
- Treatment of Skin Tears
*available in both English and Spanish.
Awards & Recognition for West Los Angeles
Prevention is about staying healthy, and preventing or delaying disease. Wellness is living your best life. Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles is here to help you stay healthy and live your best life. There are many things you can do to take an active role in your prevention plan to stay healthy and thrive through all stages of life.