Getting care the way you want it in Colorado
From muscle strains to catching the office bug, you never know when you might need medical care. So it’s good to know that when the time comes, you can get the care that’s right for your specific needs.
You may already know the difference between routine, urgent, and emergency care (check here if you don’t). But did you know there are also different ways to talk to your doctor? If you’re too busy to come to a medical office, or don’t feel well enough to make the trip, there are telehealth (remote care) options available at your fingertips.
Get the care you need, however you need it
The next time you need care but can’t come in, consider your options on this list. When you call the Appointment and Advice line, we’ll help you pinpoint the best one for your needs.
- Phone visits:* If your doctor doesn’t need to see your symptoms in person, you might be able to discuss your issue over the phone. These calls are scheduled ahead of time, so you can plan your day around them.
- Email your doctor:* If you want to ask about a nonurgent symptom or problem, you can send a message to your doctor’s office through My Health Manager on kp.org (sign-on required). You can send this secure message anytime. Your doctor or a member of their staff will usually respond within 2 business days.
- E-visits: For some medical conditions, you can have an online consultation with a Kaiser Permanente Advice Call Center registered nurse. E-visits are available at no cost, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the Appointment Center on kp.org.
- Video visits:* Depending on your illness or injury, you may be able to have an online video call with your doctor. Instead of using Facetime or Skype, we do it through our secure website to make sure all of your information stays private. Ask your doctor or call your local Appointment and Advice line to learn more.
- Chat online: Use our online chat feature to connect in real time with a Kaiser Permanente physician for medical advice.
And of course, in-person appointments are always an option for you. Same-day appointments are often available, especially for urgent care needs.
Learn more about the care options available to you at kp.org/getcare.
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area:
*These features are available when you receive care at Kaiser Permanente medical offices.