Take advantage of this year’s open enrollment for individual and family plans
If you need health care coverage, or have friends or family who do, you can now take advantage of the open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
What’s open enrollment?
It’s a period of time each year when you can enroll for health plans through your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace, whether or not you already know the health coverage provider you want to use. This year’s open enrollment period is between November 1, 2017, and January 31, 2018 (California and Washington, D.C. only).
Who is this for?
Open enrollment is for anyone who:
- Is eligible for health care coverage but doesn’t have it yet
- Anyone who wants to change their existing heath plan
You can find a 2018 plan that’s right for you by:
- Visiting a plan provider’s website (for example: buykp.org)
- Calling an agent or broker by phone
- Visiting your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace online*
Is there financial help?
Yes, for those who qualify. Find out if you qualify by using the calculator on buykp.org or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace website.
To learn more about the ACA, health care law developments, or your state marketplace, visit kp.org/reform.
*Washington, D.C. residents can only purchase coverage through the DC Health Insurance Marketplace, DC Health Link.