Make an appointment
For Medical Advice at anytime, call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273)
Right care, right place
OnlineAccess your medical record, refill prescriptions, pay medical bills, and more.
PhoneAccess Kaiser Permanente phone numbers for your region.
In PersonSee your health care provider at one of our locations.
VideoYou may be able to see a doctor using a video visit with the Kaiser Permanente Mobile App.†
How do I make an appointment to see my doctor?
Schedule an appointment at kp.org.*
Or by phone: 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273)
Are telephone appointments available?
Adult telephone appointments are available for situations meeting certain criteria.
- Conditions applicable for telephone appointments include, but not limited to: allergies, colds, coughs, some follow-up visits, upper respiratory infections.
- Telephone appointments are not appropriate for emergency conditions such as severe shortness of breath, severe abdominal pain, severe bleeding, or urgent conditions like sprains, falls, or cuts requiring stitches.
Who can I call for Medical Advice 24/7?
Call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) for medical advice at any time, 24 hours a day, every day. No appointment needed.
How do I get care when I’m traveling?
Find convenient resources for getting care away from home.
What if I am having a medical emergency?
For a life threatening illness or injury, call 911, or go to the nearest hospital for assistance.
Kaiser Permanente Kern County Emergency Services are available at:
Bakersfield, CA 93301
24 hours, 7 days a week
** This is a Kaiser Permanente Affiliated Hospital. The Emergency Department at this facility is not appropriate for urgent care. Use of the Emergency Department for urgent care may not be paid by Kaiser Permanente.
Preparing for your appointment
We believe in order to receive the best health care, it is important to find a primary care physician with whom you can establish a long-term relationships and develop trust. KP encourages you to see your primary care physician whenever possible for routine issues.
Our Physicians look forward to maximizing their time with you to address your health concerns. Therefore, we offer these tips for a successful office visit.
- Arrive a few minutes early. Bring your Kaiser Permanente ID card and a photo ID.
- Check in. There are two ways to check in for appointments–at the receptionist desk, or at our self-service kiosk.
- Bring a list of all the medications you’re currently taking, including over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Speak up when you have questions or concerns. If you have questions, make a list and bring the list to your appointment.
- Be patient with questions from your health care team. Different members of your health care team may ask you the same questions several times, such as what is your name or do you have allergies. Asking these questions is one way to make sure that you are getting the right care.
- If your plan includes a cost share, it is due for payment when you check in. For your convenience, we accept payment by cash, check, American Express, Discover Card, Visa, MasterCard, or debit card (with the Visa or MasterCard logo) at the reception desk.
* You must be registered on our website to use this secure feature. Visit kp.org/registernow to get started.
† Call for availability