We Deliver Excellence for Parents and Babies
Our members are more likely to feed their babies breast milk. And they’re less likely to undergo cesarean section or get infections. Read more.
In 2023 and 2022, Kaiser Permanente had:
- 28 hospitals on Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Maternity Hospitals
- 15 California hospitals on Cal Hospital Compare’s Maternity Care Honor Roll
Named for Best Maternity Care
Maternity Care at Redwood City Medical Center rated among the BEST in the nation by Newsweek
This is the 3rd year in a row that Kaiser Permanente Redwood City Medical Center has been named by Newsweek as a Best Maternity Care Hospital. The 2023 report recognizes exceptional care to mothers, babies and families based on a national survey.
About Our Maternal/Child Health Services
Our Labor and Delivery unit, Mother/Baby unit, and Nursery provide a friendly and warm environment to support the birthing experiences of families and their new arrivals. We offer the personalized care of experienced certified nurse-midwives as an option for most normal deliveries. Our nursing, lactation, and social services staff will also support you. Watch a virtual tour of our labor and delivery center at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Redwood City.
We offer numerous resources for parents including:
- Newsletters about preparing for your baby’s arrival, and caring for your child at different ages;
- Classes such as Newborn Care, Preparing for Childbirth, Breastfeeding and more
- Pediatric Centering brings together 8 parents and their infants to meet with a pediatrician and health educator during the first 2 years of their child’s life. These families meet as a group, while also meeting one-on-one with their pediatrician.
- Lactation experts to assist mothers and babies;
- The Newborn Channel in our hospital rooms;
- Newborn care videos which can be watched from your computer.