- Kaiser Permanente’s approach to health care differs a great deal from our competitors. And it has for more than 70 years.
- We think that traditional health care—simply treating illness—isn’t enough.
- We treat the whole person and provide services to help encourage our members’ well-being. By addressing health issues before they become problems, we proactively promote wellness.
- We believe that health doesn’t just happen. It’s a partnership. So we encourage our members to get involved and take charge of their wellness. We help them succeed with a range of programs designed to make the most of every aspect of their health.
- We stand for total health.
A Focus On Your Well-being
Kaiser Permanente continues to bring you high-quality care and services with our new state-of-the-art hospital.
- Spacious, private rooms with views and natural light, free Wi-Fi, room service and pullout guest beds
- Advanced neuroscience center
- New labor and delivery unit with all private rooms for mom and baby
- Six state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Three interventional radiology suites (for image-guided procedures)
- Seven stories, 280,000 square feet, including an expanded Emergency Department
- Healing garden viewable from all floors and the cafeteria
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable design, including drought-tolerant landscaping
A Health Care Team Dedicated To You
As a Kaiser Permanente member, you get what you need to take an active role in your health. We provide a focus on preventive care and wellness programs, along with extensive online tools. Your care team works with you, supported by your secure electronic health record, which connects them to your up-to-date health information. And you can email your doctor, schedule routine appointments, view lab test results, refill most prescriptions, and more—all online.
Excellence in Health
Our Redwood City Medical Center has been honored in many ways by many organizations. Learn more about some of those awards and honors.
About Our Members
Care Stories presents Kaiser Permanente members talking about their own care in their own words, unscripted and uncompensated. It’s what we mean when we say “Thrive” – to achieve total health in mind, body, and spirit. Read about the experiences of real people.
Pay Your Kaiser Permanente Bill Online
Now you can view and pay your Kaiser Permanente medical bills online. It’s secure and convenient, and saves time. No more checks, envelopes, or postage. See how it works. Pay from your computer — 24/7. Get started here.
5 easy steps:
- Go to kp.org/paymedicalbills and sign on.
- Select “Medical bills.”
- Click “Make payment.”
- Enter your payment method and the amount you’d like to pay.
- Click “Submit payment.”
Free WiFi Available at Our Redwood City Medical Center
We care about your health and helping you make wise care decisions.
Important: If you think you or your family member has a medical or psychiatric emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. Do not attempt to access emergency care through this website. If you or your family member has an urgent symptom or you want to speak with a nurse, do not use this website. Instead, please call Appointment and Advice at 650-299-2015 (available 24/7) or call your local Kaiser Permanente facility.
- To speak to a Member Services Representative, call:
English: 800-464-4000 or TTY 711
Chinese: 800-757-7585 (dialects)
Open 7 days a week
24 hours a day
- Medicare members
800-443-0815 or TTY 711
Open 7 days a week
from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- See our technical information.
To contact Administration for the Kaiser Permanente Redwood City Medical Center or San Mateo Medical Offices email us at KPSanMateo@kp.org. Please do not email for medical or psychiatric inquiries. Instead, please call Appointment and Advice at 650-299-2015 (available 24/7).
- Provide comments and suggestions about our internet content
- Report a technical problem with the website
The Media Relations staff at Kaiser Permanente is happy to help local news media with their inquiries.