Preparing For Your Surgery
- Please provide the scheduler the best contact number to reach you.
- Stop taking all aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, herbal supplements, and vitamins, at least one week before your surgery.
- If your doctor has PRESCRIBED aspirin, coumadin, or Plavix, please consult your surgeon or the Perioperative Medicine doctor before stopping these medications.
- Fill any prescriptions from your surgeon before your surgery.
- Shave facial hair around your mouth area 2 days prior to surgery.
- You must have someone over age 18 drive you home after surgery.
- If you stay in the hospital make sure that you are picked up before 11 am on the morning of discharge. If you use a taxi or para-transit, you must have an adult accompany you.
- For your safety, someone must stay with you the first night at home. Notify your surgery scheduler as soon as possible if these arrangements cannot be met.