Patient and Family Advisory Council
What is a patient and family advisor?
A patient and family advisor is someone who:
- Wants to help improve the quality of our hospital’s care for all patients and family members
- Gives feedback to the hospital-based on his or her own experiences as a patient or family member
- Helps us plan changes to improve how we take care of patients
- Works with the hospital for either short- or long-term commitments, depending on the project
- Volunteers his or her time typically (usually at least 1 hour and not more than 4 hours per month)
Patient and family advisors provide a voice that represents all patients and families of patients who receive care at Kaiser Sacramento Medical Center.
They partner with hospital doctors, nurses, and administrators to help improve the quality of our hospital’s care for all patients and family members.