New service to help you while you’re away from home
Traveling can be full of surprises and uncertainty — getting care shouldn’t be. Our new Away from Home Travel Line is available to help make accessing care, services, and information a bit easier while away from home.
Our travel team is available to help you:
- Find out how to fill eligible prescriptions before you leave
- Find Kaiser Permanente locations near you while you’re away
- File a claim for reimbursement when you are back
Call our Away from Home Travel Line at 951-268-3900* 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for easy guidance anytime and anywhere.
Tips for your trip:
Before you go…
- Get our KP app for Apple or Android** to stay connected anywhere, anytime
- Call or email your doctor’s office if you need to manage a condition during your trip
- Refill eligible prescriptions at kp.org/refill to have enough while you are away
- Print a summary of your online health record in case you won’t have Internet access while you’re away
- Make sure your immunizations are up to date, including your yearly flu shot
- Place medications in your carry-on bag, not checked baggage
- Bring your Kaiser Permanente ID card. It has important phone numbers on the back.
- You’re covered for emergency and urgent care anywhere in the world
- If you visit another Kaiser Permanente area, you can get care. Find a Kaiser Permanente location near you at kp.org/kpfacilities.
Visit kp.org/travel for steps to take before, during, and after your trip away from home.
**Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc.
TOPICSaway from hometravel