The 2023 Q1 & Q2 event sponsorship application window is now closed. (Applicants will be notified by March 1)
The application link for 2023 events in Quarter 3 and 4 event sponsorships is to be determined.
Kaiser Permanente San Diego is a proud supporter of community organizations throughout the County. One of the ways we support organizations and build healthier communities is through event sponsorships.
We understand that COVID-19 has made decision-making around events difficult. If you are planning either a physical or virtual event, please apply. We are flexible and understand that public health events may require you to change your date or venue.
If you would like Kaiser Permanente to be a member of your organization in 2023, please apply during the Q1/Q2 application process. Membership and events should be applied for separately.
Timeline for 2023 Event Sponsorship Applications
- For events in 2023 Q1 and Q2:
- July 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022*: Online Application Process Open (deadline is by 3:00 p.m. on July 31, 2022). Applications will be time-stamped, and automatically declined if received after the deadline. (*This application window is now closed.)
- For events in 2023 Q3 and Q4:
Applications for 2023 sponsorship are only considered if they are submitted online through this open process. Once the deadline has passed, organizations will not be able to apply for event sponsorship.
Note: This process is for event sponsorship and/or membership applications only. Event sponsorships are separate from Grants. Any Community Health Grant applications will be automatically declined.
For more information about Kaiser Permanente’s Community Health Grant Program, please visit here.
Online Application Instructions
Apply through the Mosaic application hub: [Link unavailable at this time]
- If this is your first time applying, or you did NOT apply for a sponsorship for 2021 or 2022, you will need to create a new account.
- Follow these instructions to create your Mosaic account.
- Once you have created your account, click ‘Get Started’ on the application hub to begin the process.
- If you DID apply for a 2022 sponsorship, sign in with last year’s credentials (HINT: we had recommended using a generic email address to sign in to Mosaic).
- Review the local event sponsorship guide to ensure your application is routed to San Diego.
- We will only consider requests from non-profit charitable organizations (IRS designation 501(c)(3) or similar) as well as government entities within and provide services in San Diego County.
- The location for the event of activity to be sponsored must be in San Diego County.
- The requesting organization’s strategies must be consistent with the values and mission of Kaiser Permanente.
We cannot consider funding requests for:
- Religious purposes
- Political activities or fundraisers
- Conferences or symposiums
- Events marketing alcohol, tobacco, gambling activities, pharmaceutical or companies that produce firearms.
- Sporting-related events, i.e., walks, races, or youth sports leagues and teams through the community relations sponsorship process
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Area will not consider requests from organizations that discriminate based on gender, age, economic status, educational background, race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or marital status in your programs, services, policies and administration.
The required documents must be uploaded as part of your application. The application cannot be submitted through the online system without attaching these documents.
- Current list of the organization’s Board of Directors and its company affiliations.
- Must include an updated menu of sponsorship levels and associated benefits i.e., # of tickets, Ads, recognition, etc.
- IRS Form W9, updated with current address and signed.
General Tips on Applying
- Apply during the correct timeframes. If you have questions, please ask (contact information is provided below).
- Apply before 3:00 p.m. on the date the application closes. Applications received after this date will be automatically declined.
- Most awards for sponsorship range from $500-$3,000.
- Provide information regarding other sponsoring partners, if known.
- Pay attention to the suggested funding ranges to make an appropriate funding request.
- Use your cover letter to tell us more about your event and its importance.
- Inform us if you are honoring a Kaiser Permanente employee or physician.
- Tell us if Kaiser Permanente employees or physicians serve on your board of directors, advisory councils, or volunteer within your organization.
- We may not be able to take action on applications that are incorrectly submitted.
- Ensure you are applying to the San Diego mailbox. Applications to incorrect service areas will not be considered.
- Submitting an application does not imply that funding will be awarded.
Once our Kaiser Permanente committee approves or declines your application, you will be notified of their decision by e-mail.
If you are awarded a sponsorship, you will be required to fill out a Media Benefits form with further information about your event in Mosaic. Please turn this in within two weeks of receiving confirmation of your award.
Questions regarding San Diego County Kaiser Permanente’s sponsorship policies or application process may be directed to KPSDCommunityRelations@kp.org
Thank you for your interest.
More information about event sponsorships and grants can be found at: https://community.kp.org/grants-and-volunteering/funding-opportunities