Thank you for visiting our events sponsorship page. The 2020 sponsorship application window will be open from August 1, 2019 to December 6, 2019. We will be unable to accommodate any deadline extensions.
Please review our sponsorship process below and we welcome any questions related to requests for 2020.
Kaiser Permanente San Diego is a proud supporter of community organizations throughout the County. One of the ways we support organizations and build healthier communities is through event sponsorships.
Applying for a Kaiser Permanente San Diego sponsorship is an online process.
Please note that submitting an application does not imply that funding will be awarded. All applications are reviewed by a committee and you will be notified if your application is successful.
Timeline for 2020 Event Sponsorship Applications:
- August 1 – December 6: Online Application Process Open (deadline is by 12pm on December 6, 2019. Applications will be time-stamped, and automatically declined if received after the deadline.)
- December 9 – December 20: Community Relations Sponsorship Application Review Process
- January 6 – January 10, 2020: Final notifications regarding the status of sponsorship requests will be sent by email
Please note that applications for sponsorship are only considered if they are submitted online through this open process. Once the deadline has passed, organizations will not be able to apply for event sponsorship until the process re-opens in August 2020.
Questions regarding Kaiser Permanente’s sponsorship policies or application process may be directed to Tana.M.Lorah@kp.org.
Some General Tips on Applying:
- This application process is only for events taking place between January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
- Apply before December 6, 2019. Applications received after this date will be automatically declined.
- Applying organization must be located within and provide services in San Diego County.
- Organization must be a 501c3, non-profit, city or government agency.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor events marketing alcohol, tobacco or gambling activities.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor political action committee activities or other political fundraisers.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor sporting related events, i.e., walks, races or youth sports leagues and teams through the community relations sponsorship process.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor conferences or symposiums.
- Provide all required attachments at the time of your application.
- Provide a variety of sponsorship levels for the committee to consider. Most awards for sponsorship range between $500-$3,000.
- Provide information regarding other sponsoring partners, if known.
- Pay attention to the suggested funding ranges to make an appropriate funding request.
- Use your cover letter to tell us more about your event and its importance.
- Inform us if you are honoring a Kaiser Permanente employee or physician.
- Tell us if Kaiser Permanente employees or physicians serve on your board of directors, advisory councils, or volunteer within your organization.
Event sponsorship requests are separate from Community Benefit Grants. For more information about Kaiser Permanente’s Community Benefit Grant Program, please visit here.
Note: This process is for event sponsorship applications only. Any grant applications will be automatically declined.
Please check back on August 1, 2019 for the live link to apply for 2020 event sponsorships.