The 2022 event sponsorship application window is now closed. Please check back in August 2022 for the application link for 2023 events.
Kaiser Permanente San Diego is a proud supporter of community organizations throughout the County. One of the ways we support organizations and build healthier communities is through event sponsorships.
We understand that COVID-19 has made decision-making around events difficult. If you are planning either a physical or virtual event, please apply. We are flexible and understand that public health events may require you to change your date or venue.
Applying for a sponsorship is an online process.
Submitting an application does not imply that funding will be awarded. All applications are reviewed by a committee and you will be notified if your application is successful.
Timeline for 2022 Event Sponsorship Applications:
- August 2 – December 6: Online Application Process Open (deadline is by 3:00 pm on December 6, 2021). Applications will be time-stamped, and automatically declined if received after the deadline.)
Apply through the Mosaic application hub: (this will be provided in August 2022 for the 2023 cycle.)
- If this is your first time applying, or you did NOT apply for a sponsorship for 2020 or 2021, you will need to create a new account.
- Follow these instructions to create your Mosaic account.
- Once you have created your account, click ‘Get Started’ on the application hub to begin the process.
- If you DID apply for a 2021 sponsorship, sign in with last year’s credentials (HINT: we had recommended using a generic email address to sign into Mosaic).
- Review the local event sponsorship guide to ensure your application is routed to San Diego.
- We may not be able to take action on applications that are incorrectly submitted.
Applications for sponsorship are only considered if they are submitted online through this open process. Once the deadline has passed, organizations will not be able to apply for event sponsorship until the process re-opens in August 2022.
Questions regarding Kaiser Permanente’s sponsorship policies or application process may be directed to KPSDCommunityRelations@kp.org.
Some General Tips on Applying:
- This application process is only for events taking place between January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022.
- Apply before 3:00 pm on December 6, 2021. Applications received after this date will be automatically declined.
- Applying organization must be located within and provide services in San Diego County.
- Organization must be a 501c3, non-profit, city or government agency.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor events marketing alcohol, tobacco or gambling activities.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor political action committee activities or other political fundraisers.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor sporting-related events, i.e., walks, races, or youth sports leagues and teams through the community relations sponsorship process.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego does not sponsor conferences or symposiums.
- Provide all required attachments at the time of your application.
- Provide a variety of sponsorship levels for the committee to consider. Most awards for sponsorship range between $500-$3,000.
- Provide information regarding other sponsoring partners, if known.
- Pay attention to the suggested funding ranges to make an appropriate funding request.
- Use your cover letter to tell us more about your event and its importance.
- Inform us if you are honoring a Kaiser Permanente employee or physician.
- Tell us if Kaiser Permanente employees or physicians serve on your board of directors, advisory councils, or volunteer within your organization.
Event sponsorship requests are separate from Community Benefit Grants. For more information about Kaiser Permanente’s Community Benefit Grant Program, please visit here.
Note: This process is for event sponsorship applications only. Any grant applications will be automatically declined.