Kaiser Permanente’s mission is to provide high quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. Through partnerships with community organizations and governmental entities, Kaiser Permanente strives to benefit the community by addressing issues and concerns that affect overall community health. One of the ways that Kaiser Permanente does this is through sponsorships that support community events serving the San Bernardino County area only.
We are now accepting applications for event sponsorships for 2019. Please note our new process!
Timeline for 2019 Event Sponsorship Applications
- September 12 – November 1: Online Application Process Open. This application process is for events taking place between January 1 and December 31, 2019. This will be your only opportunity to apply for an event sponsorship for 2019.
- November 1 – December 1: Kaiser Permanente Community Relations Sponsorship Application Review Process
- December: Organizations will be notified if sponsorship requests have been approved. The next opportunity to apply will be in September 2019 for events happening in 2020.
Event Sponsorship Applications for 2019
- Apply online for an event sponsorship
- Application period for event sponsorships is September 10 to November 1, 2018 for all 2019 events. Applications received after November 1 will be automatically declined.
- Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County will only be accepting applications once a year.
- Event sponsorship awards typically range from $500 to $2,500.
- Application attachments must include signed cover letter showing physical address, W-9, list of Board of Directors with affiliations on letterhead, sponsorship levels, and event brochure/flyer. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Please note that submitting an application does not imply that funding will be awarded.
- Applying organization must be located within and provide services in San Bernardino County.
- Organization must be a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization with a 509 (a) designation indicating that the organization is not a private foundation, local government agency, public schools, and cities.
- Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County does not sponsor first time events.
- Kaiser Permanente does not sponsor events marketing alcohol, tobacco or gambling activities.
- Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County does not sponsor sporting related events, i.e., walks, races or youth sports leagues and teams through the community relations sponsorship process.
- Events appropriate for Kaiser Permanente sponsorship requests include:
- Health Fairs
- Conferences, Symposia, Seminars, and Large Scale Trainings
- Public Policy Briefings
- Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County does not sponsor:
- Luncheons or galas (fundraising, awards banquets, volunteer recognition)
- Sports teams, tournaments (golf, tennis, baseball, etc.), walks or runs
- Partisan political action activities or fundraisers, individuals or events for religious purposes
Questions regarding Kaiser Permanente’s sponsorship policies or application process may be directed to Elizabeth Pia, Public Affairs Assistant, at Elizabeth.A.Pia@kp.org or 909-427-5269.