Launch into fall fitness in Georgia
Fall in Georgia is an excellent time to rethink your fitness routine. The cool, mild weather makes for an ideal opportunity to get outdoors and get moving.
In light of that, we’d like to invite you to the Kaiser Permanente 5K Corporate Run/Walk. Set for Thursday, September 22, this Atlanta event is aimed at bringing people from all walks of life together for a day of outdoor fun.
If you’d like to join us, you can sign up by yourself or with a team of co-workers.
Training is encouraged, but not needed
While some participants train for months in advance, people of every fitness level are welcome to take part. You won’t need to train to have a great time at the run/walk.
The benefits of participating
The Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk offers a day of fun to all involved, regardless of fitness level. Whether you run, walk, or cheer from the sidelines, the event’s vibrant energy will help you launch into fall fitness.
“Fall’s a wonderful season to build an exercise routine,” says Kathryn Harrison, Georgia Region director of Workforce Health. “Not only does it take advantage of perfect weather in Georgia, but it also starts building a healthy habit that will help you in the holiday season and on into the new year.”
Tips to help you make the most of fall fitness
If the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk leaves you inspired, there are plenty of ways you can take advantage of autumn in Georgia to boost your fitness routine.
- First, check out our online health tools. You’ll find interactive pages on our event website to measure your fitness level and progress. We’ve even set up Kaiser Permanente playlists on Pandora to boost your energy.
- Get outside and enjoy the fall weather. Did you know that spending time in nature can improve your mood? Explore parks and hiking trails near you, and you may find a new favorite outdoor spot. Enjoy those long afternoons before daylight saving time ends on November 6.
- Pick up a new skill while getting fit. Explore fun activities that also allow for plenty of exercise. If you need inspiration, check out our healthy living class list on kp.org. With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find something that perks your interest and fits your schedule.
- Work out while watching TV. You don’t have to be stuck on the couch to enjoy the fall premieres. For cardio, try running in place, jumping jacks, or jumping rope. Build strength with sit-ups, lunges, and push-ups. For a nostalgic twist, break out the hula hoop and work your core.
- Take care of your whole self. Many people find fall an ideal time to take a breath and regroup. Learning how to meditate, exploring your creative side, reconnecting with friends, or even getting a massage are all wonderful ways to show yourself some love.
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area: