Get fit and get your money back in Hawaii
A gym membership can be a great resource for staying active and fit, but having one can also be expensive — especially if you’re on a budget. If you’re looking to stay fit while saving some money, check out our gym membership program for Hawaii members.* It’s a great way to be kind to your body and your wallet.
How the program works
If you join a participating gym, you’ll be asked to pay a $200 fee, but no monthly dues.† From there, all you have to do is visit the gym 45 times by the end of 2017 (that’s less than once a week if you sign up in January). At the end of the year, you’ll get your money back just for working out!
How to sign up
- Visit kp.org/fitrewards to find a participating gym near you. If you find more than one to choose from, feel free to shop around for the facility that suits you best.
- Once you’ve picked your gym, tell them you want to sign up for the Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards program.
- Pay the $200 Fit Rewards annual program fee. Remember, you won’t have to worry about monthly dues.†
Stay active and reap the rewards
- You’ll need to visit your gym at least 45 times by the end of 2017.
- As long as you make those required visits, you’ll get back your Fit Rewards annual program fee of $200.
A special tip for 24 Hour Fitness members
If you’re a 24 Hour Fitness member (or if you’d like to join), you can pay your annual fee 2 easy ways:
- Visit kp.org/activeandfit.
- Call (toll free) 1-800-750-2746 (TTY/TDD 1-877-710-2746), Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 3 p.m., Hawaii time.
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area:
*Open to all Kaiser Permanente Hawaii members 16 years and older, except Medicare and Medicaid (QUEST Integration) members. Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards is administered by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH), through its Active&Fit® program. Active&Fit and the Active&Fit logo are federally registered trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.
†Taxes and additional charges you pay your gym for classes, services, or amenities are not included in the Active&Fit® program and are not eligible for reimbursement.
‡You must complete 45 visits to your gym by December 31, 2017.
Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards is a value-added service and not part of your medical benefits. Your annual program fee does not count toward your health plan’s annual out-of-pocket maximum. Except for earning your annual program fee back by exercising 45 days for at least 30 minutes a session, your annual program fee is not reimbursable and will not be prorated. For details, including conditions, limitations, and exclusions, see your Benefit Summary.