“Thriving After 60” in the Mid-Atlantic States
Based on the Whole Health and Wellness Series event, Thrive After 60 offers no-cost workshops and fun social activities to help keep you young at heart.
You may have already attended a Thrive After 60 event, like the day at Cox Farms in northern Virginia. Members brought family and friends along to enjoy harvest-themed snacks, hayrides, giant slides, and a pumpkin drop.
“This is all part of an active lifestyle,” said Dana Gill, a member of Kaiser Permanente’s Medicare team. “Health is not just about going to the doctor, but also about getting out and living your life — even if that sometimes includes apple-cider donuts!”
This program continues in 2018 with “Let’s Thrive” dances in February, the annual Thriving After 60 Day scheduled for May, and much more.
Workshops to help you stay healthy
In addition to these exciting events, you can also enjoy informative workshops. They’re a great way to meet like-minded people and learn more about:
- Health and technology basics: Find out how your smartphone or computer can help you stay on top of your health.
- Mindfulness: Experience the benefits of meditation and get tips on managing stress.
- Tips for healthy aging: Discover how to stay fit and healthy, even when you have ongoing health conditions.
- Life care planning: Meet our life care planning staff, learn how to write an advance directive, and more.
- Medicare 101: Talk to a member of Kaiser Permanente’s Medicare team and learn about benefits, the Medicare Advantage private plan, and how Parts A, B, C, and D fit together.
- New year, new you: Discover easy ways to make exercise part of your daily routine and learn some great moves that you can do at home.
- Heart health after 60: A trained health educator will walk you through some important tips for heart health, including diet and exercise.
- Women’s health after 60: Women have different health care needs from men. Learn how to stay healthy after menopause and beyond.
To register online and get more information, go to TA60.cvent.com/2018. We hope to see you soon.
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area: