Mind and Body Wellness Day returns to the Mid-Atlantic States
Your mind and body are connected in ways you may not realize. If you have chronic neck pain or a sensitive stomach, it may be the result of too much stress. If you’re constantly exhausted, it could be a sign of underlying depression.
When you include mental and emotional needs in your self-care, it can work wonders for your physical health. Sleep, exercise, and good nutrition can make it easier to manage issues like anxiety, insomnia, and even moderate depression.
Join us for Mind and Body Wellness Day
Mind and Body Wellness Day is the final event in our 2017 Whole Health and Wellness Series. For the 3rd year in a row, Kaiser Permanente psychiatrists, psychotherapists, and health educators will lead workshops discussing the link between mental and physical well-being.
Nourish your mind and body
When you join us for Mind and Body Wellness Day, you’ll get tips and insights to help you cope with stress, manage conditions like depression, and live a more balanced life. Choose from a range of activities, including:
- Educational workshops
- Mindfulness Practice: Learn how mindfulness can reduce stress, and pick up some easy-to-use techniques.
- Nutrition and Mental Health: Explore the relationship between food and your emotional well-being, and get tips on eating for a healthy mind.
- Coping with Depression: Learn the symptoms of depression, and what you can do to help manage it.
- Exercise and Mental Health: Get practical tips on starting an exercise program and find out how fitness can improve your mental health.
- Wellness activities
- Qigong: Discover how this ancient exercise can help keep your mind and body active today.
- Meditation: Explore how meditation can help you reduce stress.
- Complimentary health screenings
- Get your yearly flu shot plus preventive screenings.
- A nutritious lunch
- Enjoy a nourishing meal with other health-minded people in your community.
Date and time
Mind & Body Wellness Day will take place on Saturday, December 16, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Family and friends are welcome to attend, and admission is offered at no cost to you or your guests. Complimentary transportation, parking, and child care will be provided.
For more information and to register, go to mindbodywellnessday.org or call 240-602-8285. Space is limited for this event, so be sure to register today!
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area: