Learn how to prevent falls in Hawaii
Whether you’re 65 or older (or care about someone who is), it’s important to know how to prevent falls. Even if you’re younger, it’s a good idea to protect yourself from injury now to avoid health complications as you get older.
Taking a few simple precautions can help prevent a fall. You can:
- Make sure to keep your walkways and stairs free of clutter
- Apply non-skid surfaces to your bathtub or shower floor
- Wear rubber-soled shoes
- Apply non-skid patches to any shoes that have slippery soles
- Go over your medications with your doctor or pharmacist to find out if they cause dizziness
- Get regular eye exams
- Exercise regularly to improve your balance and flexibility
In partnership with the Hawaii State Department of Health, we’ve created a video to help educate seniors on how to prevent falls. Watch it today to learn how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe and healthy. For more information on how to prevent falls, go to kp.org/falls.
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area: