Diabetes Wellness Day returns to the Mid-Atlantic States
Diabetes continues to be a widespread health problem in America, even though newly reported cases are starting to slow down. The number of people diagnosed with diabetes in the United States now stands at over 29 million.1
If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, you can take control of your condition by making simple lifestyle changes. And we’re committed to helping you manage your diabetes for better overall health. In the Mid-Atlantic States, we’re ranked number one out of the top 10 plans in the nation in comprehensive diabetes care measures.2
This September, we’re hosting a special event dedicated to educating and supporting our members and community: Diabetes Wellness Day.
About Diabetes Wellness Day
As part of the Mid-Atlantic States’ Whole Health and Wellness Series, Diabetes Wellness Day is 1 of 5 care-focused events designed to help you better manage your health. Last year, the event attracted over 1,000 people, including members, their friends, and their families. This marks the 2nd year of the annual event.
Learn healthy habits to help manage your numbers
Knowing your numbers is a crucial part of controlling diabetes. At Diabetes Wellness Day, we’ll help you understand and improve your A1C, glucose, and blood pressure levels to help you stay on top of your condition. Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
- Educational workshops
- Nutrition and meal planning: Find out which foods can help lower your A1C levels, then learn how to incorporate them into your daily meals.
- Heart health: Find out why it’s important to keep your heart healthy when you’re managing diabetes.
- Eye health: Discover how diabetes can affect your vision, and the importance of monitoring your eye health.
- Wellness activities
- Qi Gong: Discover how this exercise can help keep your mind and body active.
- Meditation: Explore how meditation can reduce stress, a known factor in diabetes.
- Complimentary health screenings
- Get your blood glucose and blood pressure checked in our mobile health van.
- A healthy lunch
- Enjoy a nutritious meal with other members of your community.
Date and location
Join us for Diabetes Wellness Day on September 9, 2017 at:
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Hours: 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
Family members and guests are welcome, and admission is offered at no cost. Complimentary transportation, parking, and child care will be provided. To register and get more information, visit kpwholehealth.com or call 240-602-8285.
On September 9, start your journey to greater wellness.
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area:
1Working to Reverse the US Epidemic At A Glance 2016
2 HEDIS 2016 Commercial Comprehensive Diabetes Care Measures, Mid-Atlantic States
TOPICSDiabetesDiabetes Wellness DayMid-Atlantic StatesWhole Health and Wellness Series