52 positive affirmations to brighten your day
The old saying, “You are what you think” may be true. For example, negative thoughts may lead to a more negative outlook on life, which then can lead to more negative thoughts. This cycle of negativity may result in stress, anxiety, and depression, which can damage your physical health.
To break the cycle, it’s important to introduce more positive thoughts into your life as often as possible.
What is an affirmation?
The word “affirm” means to validate or confirm. In the mental health world, affirmations are short, encouraging statements that you can use to create a more positive frame of mind.
You can repeat an affirmation to yourself as often as you’d like — while brushing your teeth, driving to work, or before you fall asleep. The more often you use an affirmation, the more it can help reinforce your value and self-worth and it may even positively affect your behavior.
And with the New Year on the horizon there’s no better time to turn positivity into a year-long habit. Try using one of the following 52 affirmations each week in 2020 to help you tackle your goals.
1. I am ready.
2. My efforts help me succeed.
3. All is well.
4. I can make a real difference.
5. My hard work will pay off.
6. I am strong.
7. I choose happiness.
8. I have the power to make the right choices for me.
9. I have faith in my abilities.
10. I got this.
11. I am grateful for what I can do.
12. I am happy to be me.
13. My goals are achievable.
14. I am confident.
15. I will practice self-kindness.
16. I am on the right path for me.
17. I am thankful for the love in my life.
18. I will take action and accomplish my goals.
19. I am healthy.
20. Success is mine.
21. I will find the good in all things.
22. I am always learning.
23. I trust myself.
24. I will try new things.
25. I will turn negative thoughts into positive ones.
26. I can do this.
27. Anything is possible.
28. I am safe.
29. I love myself.
30. Life is beautiful.
31. I am powerful.
32. There’s no limit to what I can do.
33. Life brings me joy.
34. Good things are coming my way.
35. I believe in myself.
36. I release my fears.
37. Every day, I am getting better, stronger, healthier.
38. It’s OK for me to have fun.
39. My possibilities are endless.
40. I am well-rested and full of energy.
41. I am thriving.
42. I am relaxed and at peace.
43. I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
44. My life is a gift.
45. I deserve love and happiness.
46. I care for myself.
47. New opportunities come easily to me.
48. Healthy food fuels my body.
49. Today, I will succeed.
50. I give myself room to grow.
51. Each day is filled with joy.
52. I embrace my power.
Looking for more ways to stay positive?
Discover how to improve your mind-body connection with these mental health resources.