Digital membership cards — now in the Mid-Atlantic States
In bringing you high-quality care, we want to make sure you have the kind of digital support that makes life easier. That’s why the latest version of our mobile app features a digital membership card for members in the Mid-Atlantic States (please note — the digital card is currently not available to members in certain plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, Flexible Choice, and out-of-area PPO).
The digital membership card lets you check in for appointments, pick up your prescriptions, and look up your membership information, all from your smartphone.* You can also access the digital membership cards of your dependents and those for whom you hold health care proxies.
No more fumbling for a plastic card when you’re sick, hurt, or in a rush. With the new digital card, you’ll have your membership information at the touch of a button.
Keep both cards and use your favorite
Our digital card will give you access to your membership information anytime, anywhere. You can even present it when checking in for appointments and picking up prescriptions at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
This doesn’t mean it’s time to dispose of your plastic card — it’ll keep working just as it always has. We recommend that you hang on to it and use whichever format (digital or plastic) best suits your needs.
How to access your digital membership card
Make sure you have the latest version of the Kaiser Permanente mobile app.
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Sign on using your kp.org registration information. If you have an iPhone® 5 or newer model, you can sign in using Touch ID® — your fingerprint serves as your password.†
- Bring up your card by tapping the green card icon at the bottom of the app dashboard.
Don’t have the Kaiser Permanente app?
In addition to the digital membership card, our mobile app gives you tools to:
- Schedule routine appointments.
- Email your doctors with nonemergency questions.
- Manage most of your prescriptions.
- View most lab results.
- Locate Kaiser Permanente facilities.
Download it today from the App StoreSM or on Google PlayTM.‡
In the Spotlight – Find out what’s happening in your area:
* Many of these features are available only to members receiving care at Kaiser Permanente facilities.
† iPhone and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
‡ App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc.
TOPICSdigital membership cardKP mobile appMid-Atlantic States