Young girl sipping from a juice box.

Additional Resources

Young girl sipping from a juice box.

If you qualify for Medi-Cal, you may also qualify for CalFresh and CalWORKs.
Learn more about CalFresh


CalWORKs, California’s name for the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, provides cash assistance to eligible low-income California families with children. The program serves all 58 counties in California and is operated locally by county welfare departments. This immediate short-term help may be used for housing, food, utilities, clothing, or medical care.

How to Apply

  • To begin the application process, visit and select your county of residence.

Questions about Medi-Cal with Kaiser Permanente?

Call the Kaiser Permanente Medicaid Assistance Center at
1-800-557-45151-800-557-4515 (toll free) or 711711 (TTY),
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Español: 1-800-545-72631-800-545-7263