Father playfully holding son up in the air.

Renewing Your Medi-Cal Coverage

Father playfully holding son up in the air.

Important: Are you enrolled in Medi-Cal? Has your contact information changed in the past two years? Give your county office your updated contact information so you can stay enrolled. Find your local county office. If you get SSI, report your change in address by calling 1-800-772-1213 or contact your local Social Security office.

Each year, your county will conduct a review to determine if you and/or your family members continue to meet Medi-Cal eligibility requirements. This review process is called your annual redetermination.

Here’s how it works:

  • Step 1:

    Your Local County Services Office will either send a letter saying you qualify for another year or a form requesting additional information. If you have not received anything from the county by your renewal month, contact your Local County Services Office to check on your and/or your family’s annual renewal status. Be sure to inform the county if your address has changed.
  • Step 2:

    If you are required to complete The Medi-Cal Annual Redetermination form, please follow the instructions, fill out, and sign the form.
  • Step 3:

    Return the form along with any additional documents requested. All information must be completed by the deadline provided by the county or you could risk losing your Medi-Cal benefits.
  • Step 4:

    Once your form is processed, the county will let you know if you and/or your family member(s) qualify for Medi-Cal for another year. In the meantime, you can continue to keep your doctor appointments and access Kaiser Permanente services as usual.

If you no longer qualify for Medi-Cal

If the county determines that you no longer qualify for Medi-Cal, your information will be sent to Covered California to be reviewed for financial assistance through Covered California. You will receive more information letting you know what your next steps are. You do not need to fill out another Covered California application.

To check on your transition status, call Covered California at 1-800-300-15061-800-300-1506.

Questions about Medi-Cal with Kaiser Permanente?

Call the Kaiser Permanente Medicaid Assistance Center at
1-800-557-45151-800-557-4515 (toll free) or 711711 (TTY),
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Español: 1-800-545-72631-800-545-7263