Additional Resources

If you qualify for Medicaid, you may also qualify for the Food Supplement Program and the Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) program.

The Food Supplement Program

The Food Supplement Program, Maryland’s name for the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), helps needy households buy nutritious food. You receive a card that is used like an ATM card to buy food in stores. The Food Supplement Program helps you get the nutrition you need to help you stay healthy. If you are finding it hard to afford food for yourself or your family, the Food Supplement Program may be able to help.

How to Apply

The Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) program

Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Maryland’s name for the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, provides cash assistance to needy families with children. The program provides employment services and community resources to help families in need. This immediate short-term help may be used for housing, food, utilities, or clothing.


How to Apply

Questions about Medicaid with Kaiser Permanente?

Call the Kaiser Permanente Medicaid Assistance Center at
1-800-518-37311-800-518-3731 (toll free) or 711711 (TTY),
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Español: 1-800-518-37851-800-518-3785