The steps below will help you understand how to apply for Health First Colorado and get care through Kaiser Permanente for your child through CHP+.
Open All +
1. See if you and/or your family may qualify for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program).
2. Find out if Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) with Kaiser Permanente is available in your area.
3. Submit your Health First Colorado application.
4. Receive approval for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program).
After you’ve been approved for Health First Colorado, the State of Colorado will assign you a Medicaid Primary Care Medical Provider. If you are approved for CHP+, here’s what you need to do to select Kaiser Permanente as your HMO:
5. Call Health First Colorado Enrollment to select Kaiser Permanente as your HMO.
6. Receive an ID card from Kaiser Permanente once you’re enrolled.
Questions about Health First Colorado with Kaiser Permanente?
Call the Kaiser Permanente Medicaid Assistance Center at
1-800-539-04631-800-539-0463 (toll free) or 711711 (TTY),
9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.