COVID-19 Visitation Restrictions During Outbreak
For the health and safety of our patients, physicians, and staff, and in accordance with recent guidelines from the State of California, the following visitation restrictions will be implemented, effective immediately:
- Visitors are strictly limited in the hospital.
- Family members can be with their loved one under special circumstances:
- Same Day Surgery — 1 visitor only
- Labor & Delivery and Post-Partum — 1 visitor/birthing partner only
- Pediatrics, PICU, NICU — 1 visitor at a time, rotating between 2 designated caregivers
- Hospice / End of Life — 1 visitor only
- Anyone 14 or younger, who is not a patient, may not visit patients at this time
- Do not visit or accompany patients if you have a cough, cold, or are sick.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work diligently to protect our patients and staff and to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 in our communities.
MAP of Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center campus
Visitors are welcome and encouraged at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center. Family and friends play a key role in helping our loved ones recover during and after their stay in the hospital.
Visitors include any person of the patient's choosing (if the patient has decision-making capacity) regardless of sex, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity or marital status.
Visiting guidelines vary depending on the patient’s reason for hospitalization and are at the discretion of the medical team. If you have concerns regarding these guidelines, please discuss them with your nurse.
Important things to remember before your hospital visit:
- Visitors must obtain a badge from the Information Desk in the hospital lobby before visiting patients.
- Patients often have compromised immune systems; anyone who is experiencing a cough, cold, or other symptoms of illness should not visit.
- To prevent the spread of illness, visitors should wash their hands when entering and leaving a patient’s room.
- Under certain circumstances, physicians or staff may ask visitors to leave the room while examining a patient or performing a procedure.
- Some people have latex allergies; for that reason, latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is for the health and safety of both patients and children.
For visiting hours (vary depending on department) and more information, call our medical center at 323-857-2000.
To learn more about language assistance services provided at the West Los Angeles medical center, click here for more information or review our policies on Interpreter Services (PDF) and Standards for Auxiliary Aids & Services for Individuals with Disabilities (PDF).