Our Volunteer Services department provides quality support services to members, visitors, and staff in the Kaiser Permanente South Bay service area and to our local communities.
You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. Our volunteers are as culturally diverse as our community, and many are Kaiser Permanente members. All of our volunteers share a strong desire to help and a willingness to serve where they are most needed. Our volunteer opportunities change rapidly, therefore placement to a specific department is usually determined after the on-boarding process.
Thank you for your interest in our Year-Round Volunteer Program. We are currently not accepting applications at this time.
If you are interested in applying for the Year-Round Volunteer Program, please visit our website in August/ September to apply.
Thank you for your interest in our Summer Student Volunteer Program. We welcome enthusiastic people of all backgrounds and abilities to serve as volunteers. Our minimum requirements to participate in our Summer Volunteer Program are:
- Accepting 40 applications starting March 5. Once we reach our 40 student maximum capacity, our summer program will officially close.
- Must be 16 years old and a fulltime student (High school or College), commit to a regular scheduled 4-hour assignment per week and complete 40 hours over the course of 10 weeks (June – September). Volunteers will only be able to volunteer for one or two shifts each week.
- Minor applicants, who are selected for the program, must submit their summer student agreement form and complete a mandatory health screening before orientation.
- Adult applicants, who are selected for the program, must submit their summer student agreement form, complete a mandatory health screening and background check before orientation.
- Applicants who plan to take off for more than one week will not be able to fulfill the requirements of the program and will have their volunteer status terminated.
- Applicants are required to attend a mandatory orientation, on one of the following days:
Wednesday, May 23 3:30-8:30pm in conference room NH1
Wednesday, June 20 9am-2pm in conference room C
Wednesday, June 27 9am-2pm in conference room NH1
Please use the links below to apply as either an adult volunteer (18+ years) or a youth volunteer (under 18 years old):
Your application will be reviewed and your skills and areas of interest will be compared with our current volunteer needs. If we have a potential match for you, we will call you to schedule an interview.
Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life when it matters most? As a hospice volunteer for our South Bay service area, you can help terminally ill patients and their families by running errands, providing friendly visits, or giving a caregiver a break.
Hospice care provides medical services, emotional support, and spiritual resources for people who are in the ﬁnal stages of a terminal illness, such as cancer or heart failure. Hospice also can help family members deal with the practical and emotional challenges of dealing with a dying loved one.
If you are 18 or older, can spare about 2 to 4 hours a week, and have transportation, you could help families during their difficult time. No prior experience is required. Bilingual skills are especially helpful.
For more information, please contact Hospice Volunteer Recruitment at 562-622-4239.
To reach the Bereavement Support Line, please call 562-622-3863.