HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL OFFICE VOLUNTEER SERVICES
Thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer program. We are always looking for new faces who are the right fit for volunteer opportunities within our hospitals and medical office buildings. Our volunteers exhibit kindness and compassion by helping patients and visitors find their way, walking with them (or pushing wheelchairs) to destinations, communicating wait times, sitting, and chatting with visitors, delivering flowers and personal belongings, and even bringing ice, water, or warm blankets to our visitors.
If you are outgoing, empathetic, are flexible with change, and have a desire to really make a difference in people’s lives, we’d like to meet you.
These are our requirements:
- Must be 16 years or older
- Commit to one, 3 or 4-hour shift weekly
- Under 18: Give a minimum of 6 months of service
- Over 18: Give a minimum of one year of service
- Communicate and write in English
- Able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Pass a health clearance and background check
- Must have a social security number (we can not accept visa’s or passports as ID’s)
- Provide proof of COVID vaccination and booster
- Complete all training sessions and on-boarding process
- Stay current with all annual requirements
- Show up with a smile and be ready to help!
Please note that we do not have job or clinical shadowing opportunities (physician, PT, OT, nursing). Our volunteers’ number one priority is to help our patients, members and visitors.
If this sounds like a role you would enjoy, and you can see yourself helping, click on the link to see what locations are available and to apply. We look forward to meeting you!
HOSPICE VOLUNTEER SERVICES
Kaiser Permanente San Diego is now accepting applications for adult (ages 18 or older) volunteers to assist our hospice patients and families throughout San Diego County as well as in our administrative offices in Mission Valley.
Hospice Volunteer opportunities can be remote or in person and can include (but are not limited to):
- Up to 4 hours of respite each week for each patient’s caregiver/family
- Socialization and companionship for the patient
- Shopping or running errands
- Expressive Arts
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
Clerical and Support Services
- Patient and caregiver outreach
- Bereavement outreach
- Data entry
- Assembling hospice patient and family materials
- Arts and crafts services
We ask for a 12-month commitment of up to four hours per week. In order to be accepted, you will need to pass an interview, background check, drug screening, and complete a Health Clearance screening (at no cost to you).
What are the requirements for volunteering?
- A 12-month commitment of up to four hours per week.
- Submit a completed application packet (link below) including personal information for a background check and drug screen provided at no cost by Kaiser Permanente
- Attend a virtual interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Successfully complete the online Hospice Volunteer Orientation and New Volunteer Orientation (socially distanced in-person or virtual.)
- Meet ongoing regulatory requirements such as auto insurance, annual competencies, and annual compliance.
Interested applicants can inquire via email to receive an application packet: