HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL OFFICE VOLUNTEER SERVICES
Thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer program. We are accepting applications for a limited number of positions and locations. Please email Stacie Scheet at Stacie.M.Scheet@kp.org for updated information/application.
For other volunteer inquiries, please contact:
(Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
HOSPICE VOLUNTEER SERVICES
Kaiser Permanente San Diego is now accepting applications for adult (ages 18 or older) volunteers to assist our hospice patients and families throughout San Diego County as well as in our administrative offices in Mission Valley.
Hospice Volunteer opportunities can be remote or in person and can include (but are not limited to):
- Up to 4 hours of respite each week for each patient’s caregiver/family
- Socialization and companionship for the patient
- Shopping or running errands
- Expressive Arts
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
Clerical and Support Services
- Patient and caregiver outreach
- Bereavement outreach
- Data entry
- Assembling hospice patient and family materials
- Arts and crafts services
We ask for a 12-month commitment of up to four hours per week. In order to be accepted, you will need to pass an interview, background check, drug screening, and complete a Health Clearance screening (at no cost to you).
What are the requirements for volunteering?
- A 12-month commitment of up to four hours per week.
- Submit a completed application packet (link below) including personal information for a background check and drug screen provided at no cost by Kaiser Permanente
- Attend a virtual interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Successfully complete the online Hospice Volunteer Orientation and New Volunteer Orientation (socially distanced in-person or virtual.)
- Meet ongoing regulatory requirements such as auto insurance, annual competencies, and annual compliance.
Interested applicants can inquire via email to receive an application packet: