Kaiser Permanente San Diego is a proud supporter of community organizations throughout the County. One of the ways we support organizations and build healthier communities is through event sponsorships.
Please note that Kaiser Permanente is implementing a new event sponsorship review and approval process for events on or after July 1, 2023.
- Please submit your request via email to KPSDCommunityRelations@kp.org and include the following:
- Contact information for the individual submitting the request.
- Organization overview (include history, community impact, beneficiaries, etc.).
- Event overview (date/location/time/etc., including event audience demographics, estimated attendance, event beneficiaries, etc.).
- Specific amount and sponsorship level requested and associated benefits.
- Menu of ALL sponsorship levels and associated benefits.
- IRS Form W9, updated with current address and signed.
- Non-profit charitable organizations (IRS designation 501(c)(3) or similar) and governmental entities located within San Diego County.
- Event must take place in San Diego County.
- The requesting organization’s mission, vision, and values should be consistent with those of Kaiser Permanente (see https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/who-we-are).
We do not consider event sponsorship requests for:
- Religious purposes (faith-based organizations that demonstrate religious inclusivity may be considered).
- Political activities or fundraisers.
- Events marketing alcohol, tobacco, gambling activities, pharmaceutical, or companies that produce firearms.
- Conferences or symposiums.
- Youth sports leagues and teams.
- Funding requests for events that occur within four (4) weeks of the email submission date.
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Area will not consider requests from organizations that discriminate based on gender, age, economic status, educational background, race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or marital status in your programs, services, policies, and administration.
- A selection committee will review sponsorship requests received at KPSDCommunityRelations@kp.org within 15 business days of receipt.
- Approval/denial notifications will be emailed within five (5) business days of committee review.
General Tips on Applying
- Sponsorship awards generally range from $500-$5,000.
- Provide information regarding other sponsoring partners, if known.
- State if you are honoring a Kaiser Permanente employee or physician.
- State if Kaiser Permanente employees or physicians serve on your board of directors, advisory councils, or volunteer within your organization.
Note: Applying does not guarantee approval or funding.
Questions regarding San Diego County Kaiser Permanente’s sponsorship process may be directed to KPSDCommunityRelations@kp.org.
We thank you for your interest!