Important! Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Kaiser Permanente. At this time, we are still accepting applications, however, applications will be reviewed at a later date due to the current COVID-19 situation. Please stay tuned, we wish you good health, stay well.
The innate human drive to do good for others never ceases to amaze us, and volunteers are a shining example of that. At Kaiser Permanente, it’s our mission to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. Thanks to our selfless Kaiser Permanente volunteers, we don’t have to do it alone.
If you are interested in becoming a Kaiser Permanente volunteer in the Riverside County area, please review our volunteer programs to see which one suits you best. Or contact our volunteer services department for more information at 951-353-5759.
Adult and College Student Volunteers may fill out our online application.
See below for our volunteer programs.
Care Ambassadors (Ages 18+)
General Volunteer (Ages 18+)
People with a passion for helping others are welcome to volunteer with us at any Kaiser Permanente location in Riverside County. Not only do volunteers have a variety of locations to choose from, but helpers also have a variety of activities available to them such as:
- Information desk support
- Hospital gift shop retail support
- Clerical support
- Inpatient rounding support
- General activities support
Volunteer opportunities exist in a number of our locations:
- Canyon Crest Medical Office Building
- Corona Medical Office Building
- Heacock Medical Office Building
- Indio Medical Office Building
- Iris II Medical Office Building
- Meridian Medical Office Building
- Moreno Valley Medical Center
- Murrieta Medical Office Building
- Palm Desert Medical Office Building
- Palm Springs Medical Office Building
- Riverside Medical Center
- Temecula Medical Office Building
- Wildomar Medical Office Building
Musician Volunteer (Ages 14+)
Volunteers with a talent for playing one or more musical instruments are welcome to share their musical gift with patients and visitors at Riverside and Moreno Valley Medical Centers. Musicians must have a portable instrument (e.g. guitar, ukulele, violin, etc.) that can be easily carried to and from multiple locations. Volunteers will play music in patient rooms, the chemotherapy lab, lobbies or other areas on campus.
Pet Therapy Volunteer (Ages 18+)
Volunteers with certified pet therapy dogs are welcome to bring smiles to our patients, staff and visitors at Riverside and Moreno Valley Medical Centers. Volunteers and certified therapy dogs visit patient rooms, lobbies and waiting rooms. Please note only dog therapy certifications from Therapy Dogs International, Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dogs, and Therapy Pets Unlimited are accepted.
Pharmacy Volunteer (Ages 18+)
Each day our Kaiser Permanente pharmacy team helps people feel better. Those interested in supporting the pharmacy team may volunteer at Kaiser Permanente Riverside, Moreno Valley, or any KP medical office building with a pharmacy. Volunteer duties include but are not limited to activities such as stocking medication, data entry, clerical activities and helping ease pharmacy lines. Experience is welcome, but not necessary for this role.
Physical Therapy Volunteer (Ages 18+)
Our Kaiser Permanente physical therapy (PT) professionals help promote healing in patients recuperating from surgery, injury or illness. Volunteers in the physical therapy department help PT assistants care for members at Riverside Medical Center. Volunteer duties also include activities such as data entry and clerical work. Experience is welcome, but not necessary for this role.
Summer Teen Program (Ages 14-17)
The Summer Teen Program runs only through Summer months and those who are accepted to the program will be notified of the exact program start and end dates. Applicants should note the following:
- Applications are accepted each year from January 1 through March 1.
- Applicants must be of age at the time their application is submitted.
- Applications must include two letters of recommendation from adult non-relatives (e.g. teachers, coaches, counselors, community members, employers, etc.).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for the program.