The Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine Medical Physics Residency Program offered by Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Permanente Medical Group is designed to provide clinical, technical, and professional physics education and training necessary to develop clinical medical physics expertise and qualify for the American Board of Radiology (ABR) certification examinations. This program has been accredited by CAMPEP since 2020.
The residency training takes place in 15 regional hospitals and affiliated medical offices located throughout Southern California. he program’s curriculum offers a thorough, hands-on experience under the guidance of mentors, with increasing levels of responsibility as the resident progresses towards full independence upon completing the program. Throughout the three-year training period, the medical physics resident will receive comprehensive training in both diagnostic imaging and nuclear medicine.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Acceptance testing on all types of radiological imaging equipment to meet new equipment specifications and baseline image quality assurance metrics.
- Radiation dosimetry calculations and computerized data analysis.
- Equipment surveys including State of California, American College of Radiology (ACR) and Joint Commission required testing of diagnostic modalities such as radiography, fluoroscopy, mammography, CT, ultrasound, MRI, and nuclear medicine equipment.
- Clinical medical physics support of diagnostic imaging modalities to maintain compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Research support as well as health system staff training and education.
- Administrative efforts with regards to inspections and regulations.
- Other assigned duties including proper and complete documentation of clinical projects and clinical rotations.
Nuclear Medicine Physics Receives First Virtual Accreditation
About Kaiser Permanente Southern California
At Kaiser Permanente, we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Founded nearly 80 years ago, our unique business model sets us apart — positioning us to drive improvements across the industry and around the world. As the nation’s leading not-for-profit health plan, we proudly serve 11+ million members from 600+ locations in 8 states and D.C. Together, our 200,000+ employees work as one to positively impact the lives of our members, employees, and communities.
Famous worldwide for its wonderful Mediterranean climate and an incredible variety of activities and attractions, Southern California is an amazing place to live, work, and play. Whether you love splashing in the waves, hiking along desert trails, skiing down mountain slopes, or experiencing city entertainment and culture, you can do it all in this paradise along the Pacific. The wonderful climate and endless attractions aren’t the only perks of working at Kaiser Permanente. We also offer a generous benefits package. When you chose a Kaiser career, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, excellent health care, and liability coverage, paid time off, and so much more.