Make an appointment
For Medical Advice at anytime, call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273)
Right care, right place
OnlineAccess your medical record, refill prescriptions, pay medical bills, and more.
PhoneAccess Kaiser Permanente phone numbers for your region.
In PersonSee your health care provider at one of our locations.
VideoYou may be able to see a doctor using a video visit with the Kaiser Permanente Mobile App.†
How do I make an appointment to see my doctor?
Schedule an appointment at kp.org.*
Or by phone: 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273)
Are telephone appointments available?
Adult telephone appointments are available for situations meeting certain criteria.
- Conditions applicable for telephone appointments include, but not limited to: allergies, colds, coughs, some follow-up visits, upper respiratory infections.
- Telephone appointments are not appropriate for emergency conditions such as severe shortness of breath, severe abdominal pain, severe bleeding, or urgent conditions like sprains, falls, or cuts requiring stitches.
Who can I call for Medical Advice 24/7?
Call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) for medical advice at any time, 24 hours a day, every day. No appointment needed.
How do I get care when I’m traveling?
Find convenient resources for getting care away from home.
What if I am having a medical emergency?
For a life threatening illness or injury, call 911, or go to the nearest hospital for assistance.
Kaiser Permanente Orange County Emergency Services are available at:
Anaheim, CA 92806
24 hours, 7 days a week
Irvine, CA 92618
24 hours, 7 days a week
Emergency Medical Condition: A medical condition manifesting itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity (including severe pain) such that a reasonable person would have believed that the absence of immediate medical attention would result in any of the following:
- Placing the person’s health (or, with respect to a pregnant woman, the health of the woman or her unborn child) in serious jeopardy.
- Serious impairment to bodily functions.
- Serious dysfunction of any bodily organ or part.
A mental health condition is an Emergency Medical Condition when it meets the requirements of the paragraph above, or when the condition manifests itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity such that either of the following is true:
- The person is an immediate danger to himself or herself or to others.
- The person is immediately unable to provide for, or use, food, shelter, or clothing, due to the mental disorder.
Preparing for your appointment
We believe in order to receive high health care, it is important to find a primary care physician with whom you can establish a long-term relationships and develop trust. KP encourages you to see your primary care physician whenever possible for routine issues.
Our physicians look forward to maximizing their time with you to address your health concerns. Therefore, we offer these tips for a successful office visit.
- Review your benefit summary and understand your copays and coinsurance. If you have any questions about your benefits, contact Member Services at 800-464-4000.
- Arrive a few minutes early. Bring your Kaiser Permanente ID card and a photo ID.
- Check in. There are two ways to check in for appointments–at the receptionist desk, or at our self-service kiosk.
- Bring a list of all the medications you’re currently taking, including over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Speak up when you have questions or concerns. If you have questions, make a list and bring the list to your appointment.
- Be patient with questions from your health care team. Different members of your health care team may ask you the same questions several times, such as what is your name or do you have allergies. Asking these questions is one way to make sure that you are getting the right care.
- You may be asked to make a payment at check-in. For your convenience, we accept payment by cash, check, American Express, Discover Card, Visa, MasterCard, or debit card (with the Visa or MasterCard logo) at the reception desk.
* You must be registered on our website to use this secure feature. Visit kp.org/registernow to get started.
† Call for availability