Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center has applied to the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for the prestigious designation of Magnet. Please review the Public Notice: Magnet Recognition Program® - Site Visit here.
COVID-19 Visitation Restrictions During Outbreak
For the health and safety of our patients, physicians, and staff, and in accordance with recent guidelines from the State of California, new visitation restrictions have been implemented, effective immediately:
Please review our current Visitor Policy
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work diligently to protect our patients and staff and to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 in our communities.
Visitors are welcome and encouraged at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center. Family and friends play a key role in helping our loved ones recover during and after their stay in the hospital.
Visitors include any person of the patient's choosing (if the patient has decision-making capacity) regardless of sex, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity or marital status.
Each patient room is designed to provide comfort for your family and visitors, including a bed for overnight stays.
Visiting guidelines vary depending on the patient’s reason for hospitalization and are at the discretion of the medical team. If you have concerns regarding these guidelines, please discuss them with your nurse.
Important things to remember before your hospital visit:
- Patients often have compromised immune systems; anyone who is experiencing a cough, cold, or other symptoms of illness should not visit.
- To prevent the spread of illness, visitors should wash their hands when entering and leaving a patient’s room.
- Under certain circumstances, physicians or staff may ask visitors to leave the room while examining a patient or performing a procedure.
- Some people have latex allergies; for that reason, latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is for the health and safety of both patients and children.
Your feedback helps us and other members. Tell us what you think: kp.org/reviewLA