A cancer diagnosis can feel overwhelming. When your schedule is suddenly full of doctor visits and treatments, you need care you can trust — that’s easy to access. The new Kaiser Permanente Cancer Center at Los Angeles Medical Center brings all our innovative cancer care and treatments together in one state-of-the-art facility. Here, our patients can find comfort in a healing environment — while getting personalized, groundbreaking care that’s proven to save more lives1.
Coordinated cancer care – under one roof
A team with cancer expertise by your side
Cancers we treat
Our areas of specialty
Personalized care from the start
Our specialists are at the forefront of cancer treatment and research. They have the expertise to deliver care that’s personalized to you.
Treatment that works for you and your family
We’re continually evaluating and adopting the latest treatment services. Here are some of the therapies that may be part of your treatment plan:
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy treatment in our spacious Infusion Center, equipped with recliners, a patient education library, heated blankets, snacks and beverages, and interpreter services
- Specialty medications like biologics and targeted therapies that are less harmful to healthy cells
- Minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery, when needed
- Radiation technology that delivers precision high-dose treatments while minimizing radiation exposure, reducing complications, and ensuring faster recovery times
- Rehabilitation to help you manage symptoms, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
- Survivorship programs to help you transition from active treatment to life after treatment
- Palliative care to make you more comfortable, treat and prevent side effects, and help with emotional and spiritual issues
Helen Moon, MD, shares how oncologists at Kaiser Permanente provide care for their patients while leading cancer clinical trials.
Exploring therapies with clinical trials research
Support services and resources
Throughout your treatment and recovery, your doctor and care team can connect you to healthy living and mental health support services. Whether you need tools for self-care or clinical support, we're committed to caring for the whole you — body, mind, and spirit.
Phone hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Service hours: 7 days a week, 8 a.m. to midnight.
Social workers help patients and their families with a cancer diagnosis by providing counseling and information on resources at our Los Angeles Medical Center and in our community.
Mental health and wellness resources
Explore our self-care resources to help you manage stress, sleep better, and more. Members may have access to Calm and myStrength apps at no charge 5.
- myStrength® is a trademark of Livongo Health, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Teladoc Health, Inc.
- 1Robert M. Cooper, MD, et al., “Influence of Health Care Systems on Mortality in Adult Patients With Cancer,” The American Journal of Managed Care, May 2021, pp. 182–185.ajmc.com
- 2NAPBC Standards and Resources
- 3“Living Longer and Better After Cancer,” Permanente.org, June 12, 2020.
- 4ncorp.cancer.gov accessed October 7, 2021.
- 5The services described are not covered under your health plan benefits and are not subject to the terms set forth in your Evidence of Coverage or other plan documents. These services may be discontinued at any time without notice.