Visitors are welcome and encouraged at Kaiser Permanente Downey Medical Center. Family and friends play a key role in helping our loved ones recover during and after their stay in the hospital.
Please review our current Masking Policy
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work diligently to protect our patients and staff and to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 in our communities.
SPIRITUAL CARE SERVICES
Our clinically trained healthcare chaplains serve as a member of your healthcare team, providing compassionate and caring spiritual support to patients, family, and friends while respecting your beliefs, culture, tradition, and values. If requested, a chaplain can also help connect you with clergy or religious leaders in your faith tradition.
The chaplains are here to support you when you:
- Need a compassionate presence and someone to listen
- Seek emotional and spiritual support in times of pain, suffering, loss, or stress
- Are facing a serious illness or difficult healthcare decision
- Want prayer, ritual, or blessing
- Are considering a moral or ethical dilemma
- Are grieving the loss of a loved one
To Reach a Chaplain
If you have questions or want a chaplain to visit you while you are in the hospital, please ask your nurse to request spiritual care for you. You can also dial extension 8939. Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm, but the chaplain is often available after hours.
Contact the Bereavement Support line at 562-622-3863.