COVID-19 Visitation Restrictions During Outbreak
For the health and safety of our patients, physicians, and staff, and in accordance with recent guidelines from the State of California, the following visitation restrictions will be implemented, effective immediately:
- Visitors are strictly limited in the hospital.
- Family members can be with their loved one under special circumstances:
- Same Day Surgery — 1 visitor only
- Labor & Delivery and Post-Partum — 1 visitor/birthing partner only
- Pediatrics, PICU, NICU — 1 visitor at a time, rotating between 2 designated caregivers
- Hospice / End of Life — 1 visitor only
- Anyone 14 or younger, who is not a patient, may not visit patients at this time
- Do not visit or accompany patients if you have a cough, cold, or are sick.
Finding your way
Easily find your way around Kaiser Permanente’s Baldwin Park campus with a downloadable wayfinding brochure:
Expanded Parking Now Open
The Baldwin Park Medical Center parking structure expansion is now open. The larger, multi-floor parking structure adds 800 additional parking spaces to our campus, making it even easier for you to find a spot.
Baldwin Park Cafe
Open seven days a week, 7am to 7pm. Closed 3pm to 4pm. Located on the first floor of the medical center.
Located on the first floor of the medical center. The Gift Shop is open Monday - Friday, 9am to 8pm; Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 7pm. (Holiday hours may vary.)
GetWellNetwork offers interactive technology to improve your stay while at our hospital. It enables you to take a more active role in the care process by learning more about your condition, communicating with caregivers, preparing for discharge, and caring for yourself at home. While here, you will have a personalized Patient Pathway that invites you to learn more about your condition, medications, and safety so that you are more involved in your care.
Additionally, through GetWellNetwork, you and your family members can gain anytime access to an array of health education, entertainment, services, and Internet resources.
Your nurse will show you how to access the GetWellNetwork and can answer any questions you may have.
Available on surface lots and in the parking structure off of Bess Avenue. One-hour, short-term parking is available across from the entrance.
Stork parking for expectant moms is available in the member parking structure next to accessible parking. Just look for the image of the stork.
Valet parking is available in the parking structure off of Bess Avenue and by the Emergency Department for $5, ($4 for accessible parking). No holiday service.
Free shuttle service is provided between the parking structure and the medical center. Service runs Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 8pm. (No holiday service.)
Find the locations and directions between Kaiser Permanente medical offices in the San Gabriel Valley.
Regular Visiting Policy
Visitors are welcome and encouraged at Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Medical Center. Family and friends play a key role in helping our loved ones recover during and after their stay in the hospital.
Visitors include any person of the patient's choosing (if the patient has decision-making capacity) regardless of sex, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity or marital status.
Each patient room is designed to provide comfort for your family and visitors, including a bed for overnight stays.
Visiting guidelines vary depending on the patient’s reason for hospitalization and are at the discretion of the medical team. If you have concerns regarding these guidelines, please discuss them with your nurse.
Important things to remember before your hospital visit:
- Patients often have compromised immune systems; anyone who is experiencing a cough, cold, or other symptoms of illness should not visit.
- To prevent the spread of illness, visitors should wash their hands when entering and leaving a patient’s room.
- Under certain circumstances, physicians or staff may ask visitors to leave the room while examining a patient or performing a procedure.
- Some people have latex allergies; for that reason, latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is for the health and safety of both patients and children.
Baldwin Park Medical Center does not discriminate based on sex, age, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or source of payment for care.