Health Resources in
South San Francisco
Our Kaiser Permanente Health Education Department offers healthy living programs and services that help our members to thrive in every area of their lives: mind, body, and spirit. We have dedicated, professional staff who are committed to serving members, preventing illness, and treating disease. Click on the list of services below and learn how you can improve your health and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Tina Tan, MD
Chief of Patient Education
Janice Parker, MPH
Director of Health Education
Kaiser Permanente DocTalk
Watch the Kaiser Permanente DocTalk videos as physicians share information about obesity and kp.org.
Preventive Health Tools
– Almost anything that gets you moving and strengthens your muscles can help you meet your weight goal by burning calories. And you may be surprised how simple it can be to work exercise into everyday activities.
– Balance is an online program includes access to iPod™-enabled exercise videos, goal-tracking tools including the Step by Step™ pedometer program, and a recipe library. Start Balance now.
– Yoga Widget helps you strike a healthy pose in your cubicle or anywhere you have a little space. Use this widget to stay on your toes at home, too. Download Your Toolkit for creating a healthuer you now.
– Problems at work. Family issues. Someone tailgating you on the freeway. Loss of a loved one. Coping with an ongoing illness. Stress is a natural part of life. How do you usually deal with stress? How does it make you feel? What do you do to help yourself feel better? You can take control of stress — before it takes control of you — by creating your own stress action plan.
– Relax: This online program, free to members, helps you identify your sources of stress and solutions for managing your unique situation. Start Relax now.
– Dream: This program can help you gain greater control over your insomnia and get more of the sleep you need. After completing a questionnaire, you’ll receive a customized sleep action plan and each week, you’ll monitor your sleep and relaxation patterns, set goals, and track your progress. Start Dream now.
– kp.org Health Topic: Mind & Body Health: Learn to control your thoughts, moods, attitudes and behaviors to lessen your stress and improve the balance in your life. Read more.
Member Online Tools you can use.
Kaiser Permanente offers a wide range of resources to help you and your family achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
The Health Education Department offers a wide variety of classes and support groups for members and nonmembers on a wide range of topics.
See Other services we offer.
Through our comprehensive Web site, kp.org, Kaiser Permanente offers our members a simple and safe way to manage health care services, communicate with their personal physicians, and much more.
Prevention has always been a part of the culture at Kaiser Permanente.
The Health Education Department is here to help you get ready for your baby. Below are a few of the resources available to you.
Our Worksite Wellness Program can help provide better care, outcomes, and cost containment for companies and their employees.