Is your family looking for help making healthy lifestyle changes in a supportive community? Are you struggling to get your kids on board with eating healthy and being more active?
Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento’s Fit4Life Program is a family participation program that provides support for kids and teens ages 5-17. The program supports families with making changes to improve overall wellness including increasing physical activity, adopting balanced and healthy nutrition habits, and having a healthy relationship with food for life.
10 Week Program structure:
- Alternating biweekly classes and coaching appointments to provide weekly contact with the team for a consecutive 10 weeks
- Individualized coaching appointments with parents and teens
- Initial assessment with the multidisciplinary team to guide individualized interventions
- Long term follow-up and support available
- Teen groups available
- Spanish groups available
Participants will receive support including the following:
- Education and support and interactions for your whole family
- Individualized coaching support for Teens and Parents
- Group meetings
- Fit4Life Program
- Coaching calls only
- Fit4Life class only
- Workshops – one-time classes or a short series of classes to address topics including (but not limited to) Emotional Eating, Picky eating, How to Help Your Children Eat Vegetables, and more.
- No cost for group sessions and coaching for most health plans
- Other co-pays and deductibles may apply
How to get referred?
To learn more please contact your child’s South Sacramento Pediatrician for referral.