Join Our Family of Volunteers
Come Join Us!
Do you have the compassion to make a patient’s day brighter? If you would like to give more of yourself and get more in return, and have half a day each week to share, we have a place for you – volunteering at Kaiser Permanente.
Make a Difference!
Volunteers enhance the quality of care at our hospitals and medical offices, and their service to others enhances the quality of their own lives. As a volunteer you will provide a valuable community service, assist people in need, and make new friends.
A wide variety of opportunities exist for qualified applicants who are willing to make a firm commitment.
The Minimum Requirements Include:
- One assigned shift per week
- One year commitment of service
- Attendance at quarterly team meetings
- Passing a background check
- Ability to speak and read English
- Age 16 and older*
Steps to Become a Volunteer:
- Pick up an application (applications are available for pick up at any information desk)
- Complete an application
- Attend an interview
- Pass a background check
- Complete a health appraisal including lab work, two TB tests and an appointment with Occupational Medicine
- Attend a new volunteer orientation
- Complete two, 4 hour training sessions
Benefits of Being a Kaiser Permanente Volunteer:
- Pharmacy discount
- Eye Services discount
- Social events
You Can Serve in Many Ways:
*Services available for youth volunteers (age 16+). All services are available as options for adult volunteers
Unable to Donate Your Time?
There are ways you can help us other than serving in our medical centers. Volunteer Services coordinates a craft corner that continually needs:
We also collect new magazines, books, and DVDs for inpatient use.
If you have items to donate, simply drop them off to a volunteer at one of the information desks.
Want to Know More?
If you have questions about volunteering at Kaiser Permanente in the South Sacramento service area, please call the Volunteer Services Department at: 916-688-2416