Thinking about quitting smoking or other tobacco products? We believe quitting tobacco is the number one step you can take to improve your health. We check in at every medical visit and offer assistance to quit to anyone using tobacco products. However, motivation to quit needs to come from within you. So when you start thinking about quitting or are ready to quit, we have a menu of options to meet your needs. We will be active partners with you throughout the quit process. Quitting tobacco for good can be done and we are here to help!
- Health Education Centers offer a wide variety of resources on issues related to quitting tobacco, including stress management and healthy eating.
- Clinical Health Educators are available for individual guidance and support through the quit process.
- Telephonic Wellness Coaches can help you create – and stick with – a plan for quitting tobacco. You and your coach talk one-on-one by phone at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Breathe© – our personalized online tobacco cessation program offers tips and advice to help you quit tobacco and supports you along the way.
- California Smokers’ Helpline – free one-on-one phone counseling and materials in multiple languages. Specialized services are also available for teens and pregnant women.
- California Chewers’ Helpline – resources for tobacco chewers
- Quitting Tobacco – a list of helpful tips for those who decide to quit on their own without the help of a counselor.
- Tobacco cessation medications such as the nicotine patch, buproprion/Zyban, and Chantix are available to help decrease cravings and withdrawal symptoms