Nutrition and Cancer
If you are currently anticipating or dealing with side effects from cancer treatment, or any nutrition related complication from cancer treatment, we suggest you ask for a referral to an RD as well as utilize and online resources recommended here.
- Food is Medicine class : Developed by our own Chris Fifer, RD, CLT – Learn about cancer prevention and reducing your risk for cancer recurrence through diet and lifestyle changes. Explore the power of a whole foods, plant-based diet, as well as lifestyle recommendations to help keep you healthy.
- Nutrition and Cancer webpage: Whether you are looking to prevent cancer, have been diagnosed with cancer, and/or recovering from cancer treatment, healthy food and healthy habits are strongly encouraged. We have developed a handy web page with links to nutrition related resources.
- National Comprehensive cancer network: “an alliance of leading cancer centers devoted to patient care, research, and education, is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of cancer care so that patients can live better lives” – their patient and caregiver resource: Nutrition for cancer survivors.
- Local Nutrition and Cancer Resources
- Ceres Community Project : “provides beautiful, delicious and nourishing organic meals to people in our community who are in crisis and/or treatment due to a serious illness”.
- North Bay Cancer Alliance: The “first stop for those wanting a direct path to local cancer resources and information” including an overview of nutrition in cancer care.