Nutrition and Cancer
If you are currently anticipating or dealing with side effects from cancer treatment, or any nutrition related complication from cancer treatment, we suggest you ask for a referral to an RD as well as utilize and online resources recommended here.
- Plant Based Diet 101 class : Plant-based eating maximizes vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains to help optimize your health. In this 2 session class, you will learn the what, the why and the how of Plant Based Eating. You will learn how to make Plant Based Eating easy and sustainable by preparing your kitchen, shopping, menu planning and more.
- Nutrition and Cancer webpage: Whether you are looking to prevent cancer, have been diagnosed with cancer, and/or recovering from cancer treatment, healthy food and healthy habits are strongly encouraged. We have developed a handy web page with links to nutrition related resources.
- National Comprehensive cancer network: “an alliance of leading cancer centers devoted to patient care, research, and education, is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of cancer care so that patients can live better lives” – their patient and caregiver resource: Nutrition for cancer survivors.
- Local Nutrition and Cancer Resources
- Ceres Community Project : “provides beautiful, delicious and nourishing organic meals to people in our community who are in crisis and/or treatment due to a serious illness”.
- North Bay Cancer Alliance: The “first stop for those wanting a direct path to local cancer resources and information” including an overview of nutrition in cancer care.