Tobacco Cessation Resources
Thinking about quitting smoking or other tobacco products? We believe quitting smoking is the number one step you can take to improve your health. We check in about smoking at every medical visit and offer assistance to quit to anyone using tobacco products. However, motivation to quit needs to come from within you. So when you start thinking about quitting or are ready to quit, we have a menu of options to meet your needs. We will be active partners with you throughout the quit process. Quitting smoking for good can be done and we are here to help!
Our programs and resources include:
- Tobacco Cessation Health Education Classes include a single-session workshop, or for additional support through the quit process a 6-week series.
- Two Health Education Centers offering a wide variety of resources on issues related to quitting tobacco, including stress management and healthy eating.
- Clinical Health Educators are available for individual guidance and support through the quit process.
- Cessation medications (such as the nicotine patch, buproprion/Zyban, and Chantix) are available to help decrease cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Telephonic Wellness Coaches can help you create – and stick with – a plan for quitting tobacco. You and your coach talk one-on-one by phone at a time that’s convenient for you!
- California Smokers’ Helpline offers free one-on-one phone counseling and materials in multiple languages. Specialized services are also available for teens, pregnant women, and tobacco chewers.
- Breathe©, our personalized online tobacco cessation program, offers tips and advice to help you quit tobacco and supports you along the way.