Diabetes affects over 16 million people in the United States. If you or someone you know has diabetes or pre-diabetes there are many things you can do for yourself and your loved ones to reduce your risk for complications. We encourage you to take advantage of our programs and resources to help you take control of your diabetes.
Our programs and resources include:
- Diabetes Education Classes
- Two Health Education Centers offering a wide variety of resources on Diabetes, including books, DVDs, reference books, pamphlets, use of our computer to search for scientific articles
- Appointments with CHEs for counseling on lifestyle change, healthy eating and blood sugar testing
- If you feel you need to see a registered dietitian , please talk to your personal physician about a referral. Our Heath Education’ staff will then contact you for an appointment.
- Diabetes Support Groups-call Linda Kinoshita at (707) 571-3922 for information
- Diabetes Care Management