Sonoma County In-Home Supportive Services
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS); sign-up eligible older adults and disabled persons, from children to seniors, for in-home care providers. They get help with day-to-day tasks they cannot do themselves through care that allows them to stay living safely at home rather than moving to a care facility. Learn more at the County of Sonoma Website.
Who is Eligible for IHSS In-Home Care?
Legal California residents of all ages who:
- Live in their own homes or rent
- need caregiver help to remain safely and independently at home
- and (one of the following):
- Receive full-scope Medi-Cal.
- Meet the financial requirements for Medi-Cal (though do not have be receiving Medi-Cal).
- Receive SSI / SSP benefits (Supplemental Security Income / State Supplementary Payment)
Find more eligibility information on the California Department of Social Services website.
How To Apply
(707) 565-5900, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Fax: (707) 565-5957
Anyone can call to refer a potential client for in-home care. People may call for themselves, or referrals can come from a neighbor, family member, hospital staff or other community organization. Completing the steps takes about 30 days:
- Call (707) 565-5900 to make a referral.
- The Initial Assessment Unit will describe what services IHSS offers.