Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Donations
Kaiser Permanente is grateful for the many individuals, community groups and local businesses that have inquired about donating supplies, such as gloves, masks, and other items. We greatly appreciate the outpouring of concern and generosity at this unprecedented time.
We are providing our staff with the medical-grade personal protective equipment (PPE) that is aligned with the latest evidence-based science, using the same PPE as other hospital systems in California and across the nation. Procured supplies help us continue to manage our medical equipment prudently and maintain an adequate pipeline so that our teams have what they need, when they need it.
Below are several ways that individuals and businesses can support our efforts during this critical time:
Personal Protective Equipment Donations
- Our focus is on working with our supply chain vendors and manufactures to provide our staff with medical grade protective equipment (PPE). For those seeking to donate supplies, please see the list of appropriate items below.
- We have set up a national donation network to assist with distributing critical supplies across Kaiser Permanente and other care providers.
Please direct any donation offers to KPCOVID-19Donations@kp.org.
Appropriate items to donate:
- Unopened N95 respirators and surgical masks
- Unopened packages of disposable gloves
- Unopened containers of hand sanitizer
- Unopened containers of disinfectants and disinfecting wipes
- Packaged, unused protective goggles
- Unopened swabs for collecting screening samples
- Unopened gowns (surgical and isolation)
- Face shields
Donations to the Medical Center
Please print, fill out, and bring this document when you donate in person
Any curbside donations can be dropped off to the Greeter Table at the Homestead Hospital Entrance near ASU and Valet, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Our staff will inspect all donations to confirm that they meet the appropriate standards for medical use.
700 Lawrence Expy
Santa Clara, CA 95051
If you are dropping off donations, please call the Supply Unit Team at (408) 851-0660. A staff member will come out to accept your donation.
If you have a large amount of goods to donate or need to make arrangements after 4:30 p.m., contact the Supply Unit Team at SantaClaraPPEDonations@kp.org or (408) 851-0660. The operator will get your contact information and you will be contacted within 24 hours to schedule a delivery.
Please make your check payable to Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and in the memo line, indicate COVID-19.
Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara
c/o Hema Panchal
700 Lawrence Expressway – BS&F, BO7
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Safety is our top priority. We are grateful for the support of the community and as we closely monitor the progress of this illness, we will adjust our donation practices accordingly. Thank you for the extraordinary dedication you are demonstrating in caring for our members, patients, communities, and each other.