Welcome to Kaiser Permanente
Thank you for choosing Kaiser Permanente as your health care provider. You will receive your Kaiser Permanente identification card and informational material shortly after enrollment. Our members can access services at any of our locations as soon as your coverage becomes effective. If you aren’t sure of the date and you are on an employer group plan, ask your employer. If you are on an individual plan, contact Member Services.
Getting Your Medical Record Number
Your medical record number is printed on your Kaiser Permanente ID card. This card will be mailed to you.
However, if your health coverage is effective and you need care before your card arrives by mail, you can request your Medical Record Number by calling Member Services.Next: Choose Your Doctor >
Choose Your Doctor
To help you find a personal doctor who’s right for you, you can browse our online doctor profiles. There, you’ll see information about their education, credentials, specialties, and languages spoken.
And if you change your mind, you can switch doctors at any time, for any reason. A password is not necessary on this site. You will need your Kaiser Permanente medical record number. If you have not received your medical card by your effective date, please call Member Services at 1-800-464-4000.
Member Outreach Integration: 1-888-466-1800
For your convenience, we recommend choosing a physician located at a facility close to your home or work. The Santa Clara Medical Center Area has four facilities to choose from:
- Santa Clara Medical Center
- Campbell Medical Offices
- Milpitas Medical Offices
- Mountain View Medical Offices
Register to Activate Your kp.org Account
When you register on kp.org, you’ll have 24/7 access to our online tools for managing your health care.
You’ll also be able to:
- Email your doctor’s office
- Schedule or cancel routine appointments
- Refill prescriptions
- View your lab results
- See a list of your recent immunizations and allergies
- Act for a family member (e-mail your child’s doctor, and more)
*KP Members between the ages of 13 through 17 must receive their temporary password by U.S. mail.Next: Download the My Doctor Online App >
Download the My Doctor Online App
Download the Kaiser Permanente My Doctor Online App to your mobile device to receive appointment reminders, health tips, and personalized alerts for yourself and your family.
- View up-to-date vaccination and preventive services information for all family members.
- Email your doctors and cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Join video appointments
Make an Appointment
Schedule an appointment online once you’ve registered and chosen a personal physician. If for any reason your personal physician isn’t available at your preferred time, we will make every effort to accommodate your schedule. You can call our Appointment and Advice line below 24 hours a day to make an appointment or seek medical advice. If you are currently taking 3 or more medications, please contact our Member Outreach Department for assistance at 1-888-466-1800.
- Toll free – 1-866-454-8855
- Santa Clara Medical Center – 408-554-9800
- Campbell Medical Offices – 408-871-9440
- Milpitas Medical Offices – 408-945-2933
- Mountain View Medical Offices – 650-903-3020
- Chinese dialects – 1-877-393-2332
- Schedule an appointment online at kp.org/appointments
Transfer Your Medical Records and Prescriptions
Transfer your medical record
When you visit your Kaiser Permanente personal physician for the first time please bring a copy of your medical information. Talk to your doctor about your health history. Once your doctor takes your health history he or she can determine what medical information needs to be included in your Kaiser Permanente medical record.
If you have copies of your medical records, bring them to your first office visit. If you don’t have copies of your records, no problem. Your doctor will let you know if you need to request any past medical information from your previous health care provider.
Transfer your existing prescriptions
Make it easy to obtain the medications you need by transferring your prescriptions.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Be ready to give the prescription number(s) and the other pharmacy’s name and phone number — we’ll handle the rest. Please allow 2 or more working days to process the transfer.
Member Outreach Specialist
Connect with a personal concierge to help you learn how to start accessing all that Kaiser Permanente offers, including how to:
- Choose the personal care provider who is right for you. We’ve got answers to help you select your own personal care provider from one of our primary care departments.
- Transfer your prescriptions and medical records to Kaiser Permanente.
- Get appointments and advice.
- Make the most of your appointment.
- Refill your prescriptions and use our online “Pharmacy Center” and mail-order refill services.
- Get help from Member Services.
- Take classes and access the other services of our Health Education Department.
Please call us at 1-888-466-1800 to schedule a meeting and tour with one of our Member Outreach Specialists.Next: Medical Advice & Appointment Phone Numbers >
Medical Advice & Appointment Phone Numbers
For advice or to make an appointment, call one of the numbers listed below or call the Kaiser Permanente facility that is most convenient for you. It’s helpful if you bring a copy of your enrollment form to your appointment if you have not received your Kaiser Permanente ID Card.
- Campbell Medical Offices – 408-871-9440
- Milpitas Medical Offices – 408–945-2933
- Mountain View Medical Offices – 650–903-3020
- Santa Clara Medical Center – 408–554-9800
- Chinese Dialects – 1–877–393-2332
- Enrollment information and eligibility
- Benefits and coverage, including adding or removing people from your plan; claims questions; the dispute-resolution process, and other general information
- Copayments and medical bills; payment status
- Name or address changes
- Evidence of Coverage booklet
- Guidebooks for other service areas and other publications, including the Kaiser Permanente Healthwise Handbook
- Kaiser Permanente ID cards
- Payment coupon booklets
Help in Your Language
We want to speak to you in the language that you’re most comfortable with when you call us or come in for service. Interpreter services, including Sign language, are available at no cost, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during all hours of operation.
If you or your family/caregiver need help with interpreter services including sign language, qualified interpreter services are available. We highly discourage using family, friends, or minors as interpreters.
Our call centers have interpreters who speak Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin, as well as other Chinese dialects. Most of our facilities have staff who speak more than one language and are specially trained to interpret and explain medical terms and procedures. Many of our practitioners also speak more than one language.
If you visit one of our facilities and no one speaks your language, we have interpreters for more than 150 languages available by phone. If you need a Sign language interpreter, an interpreter is available either by video or in person.
To learn more about these services or if your needs were not met, call our Member Service Contact Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (closed holidays) at 1-800-464-4000, 1- 800-788-0616 (Spanish), 1- 800-757-7585 (Chinese dialects), or 711 (TTY).Next: Getting Your Medical Record Number >