Milpitas Volunteer Opportunities
1st Floor, Health Education Department
770 E. Calaveras Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035
As a volunteer, you will: provide a service to your community, gain experience in a health care setting, acquire valuable skills, and make new friends.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
The minimum commitment is one shift a week for six months.
Technology Learning Center
Volunteers greet members, escort members to their appointments, take and record blood pressures, and show members how to register for KP.ORG, download KP Apps and access on-line information. Volunteers also answer the phone and assist with clerical tasks. Minimum of one shift per week.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfort taking blood pressures (training provided)
- Comfort using computers
- Be able to work in a busy environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Flexible, punctual, reliable
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
and 1:30 – 5 p.m.
Department of Pediatrics: Reach Out and Read Program
By reading to children waiting for appointments, volunteers will promote literacy and remind children and their families that reading is fun and educational. Minimum of one two hour shift per week.
- Must be fluent in English and able to read aloud with clarity
- Good rapport with children of all ages
- Self starter
- Be outgoing and customer oriented
Scheduled shifts: Monday – Friday: hours vary