Going on an overseas adventure?
Your bags are packed. But you won’t be ready until you book a telephone appointment with the International Travel Medicine department.
- Pre-travel services for Kaiser Permanente members only (applicable co-payments apply)
- Services for adults as well as children
- Pre-travel immunizations and medications appropriate for your area and type of travel
- Information to keep you safe and healthy while traveling
- You do not need a travel appointment if you’re traveling within the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii).
- Some countries do not require a travel appointment. Go to kp.org/mydoctor/travel for a complete list.
- Children 6 months to 4 years of age traveling internationally need a travel appointment regardless of destination.
- If booking for more than one traveler, all adults must be available to speak to the travel nurse during the appointment.
- Book 6 to 8 weeks before your departure date to ensure that any necessary vaccinations or medications have time to take effect.
Making a telephone appointment for travel
- Book your telephone appointment with a travel medicine nurse online at kp.org. Choose location as “International Travel Services”, select the number of travelers and follow the special instructions.
- Questions? Call 1-866-454-8855 as needed.
At the travel clinic
- Please have your complete itinerary, records of vaccines received outside of Kaiser Permanente, names as they appear exactly on passports and current weights for children at the time of your appointment.
- At your appointment the travel clinic nurse will evaluate your medical history and your travel plans and decide with you what vaccines, medications and travel advice you will need for a safe trip.
- We do not provide post-travel evaluations, but if you should become ill upon your return, be sure to contact your personal care provider and mention your recent travels.
- If you have a chronic medical condition, please contact your personal care provider before your trip as well as an appointment for travel clinic.
- For any questions, call 1-866-454-8855.