Pain Management Rehabilitation Program
Dept 25, 2nd Floor
1263 E. Arques Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Monday thru Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed for lunch: 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
The Pain Management Rehabilitation Program (PMRP) is a therapeutic community for the treatment of chronic pain. The therapeutic community generates motivation and offers inspiration for those struggling with the hopelessness and frustration that often accompanies the long term debilitating effects of chronic pain.
The PMRP is a community team of patients, physicians, nurses, physical therapists, pharmacists, program assistants, and health educators who work together to foster a safe and supportive environment where you will learn and practice new ways of moving and thinking that help retrain your brain and nervous system. The purpose of this treatment is to help you learn new ways to manage your pain, increase your function, and improve you overall quality of life. Referral: You must have a referral from your Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physician or, in some cases, your Primary Care Provider.
How to Get Started
• Thinking about making a change? Chronic Pain Education Class (See Calendar)
• Ready to make a change? Intensive 6 week Program (see Calendar)
Assessment: All potential members will be evaluated for candidacy. The primary requirement for acceptance into the program is sufficient motivation and willingness to try new things. Your first appointment will be a 90 minute group Orientation session where you will fill out additional questionnaires and learn more about PMRP and chronic pain.
After Orientation you will have the following assessment appointments:
- MD phone call or visit (medical clearance)
- Care manager visit (gather more information to begin the individualized treatment plan)
- Medication evaluation (telephone visit)
- Physical Therapy Group Evaluation (to see what your basic physical limitations are and if additional Physical Therapy assessment is needed)